Chapter 8: (Not so) Prince Charming

I slam the door and walk out into the street.

I let the warm morning sun glaze my skin and the breeze brush my hair tenderly. The morning, summer air always helps me clear my thoughts.

I don't regret what I said to my mother, I meant it. I am just so sick and tired of her so called "boyfriends" coming over, practically living in our house, and whom I have never met before.

I used to be fine with it, I thought it was her way of healing. But, I have had enough.

I put my hands in my back pockets to find that I forgot my phone. Oh well, I don't want my mother to chase after me anyway. I need time to clear my head.

I decide to take a walk to the park down the street. I walk quietly down the sidewalk, listening to the birds singing and cars zoom past.

Once I reach the park, I sit down next to the large oak tree that looks over the lake. The water shines, sparkling like dim Christmas lights. I lay my head back and take a deep breath of the fresh air. I can already start to feel myself relaxing.

"Here, take a seat on this bench." A familiar, male voice echos behind the tree.

Confused, I creep my head around the trunk of the tree and peek over. I feel my heart stop as soon as I spot Noelle and Noah together, sitting down on the bench beside the tree, facing away from me.

I turn back around and take deep breaths, trying to control my breathing. What is she doing? Isn't she smarter than that to ignore Noah? Why hasn't she already completely blown him off?

"Noelle, you would not believe how long I have been wanting to take you out. I am so happy right now, you wouldn't even believe it. And, well, I don't usually say that to anyone." Noah voice says toward Noelle, scratching the back of his neck nervously.

I hear Noelle giggle then respond, "Well, it took some convincing. My brother doesn't even know we are out on a date."

I frown, oh he will darlin'. What is she even doing? He is so not her Prince Charming!

"But, also hear around school that you are a player." she finishes, almost uncertain.

I wait for him to deny it and act like some sort of angel, that is until he replies saying,

"Actually Noelle, I must admit I am. Mostly, because I am trying to find who I want to be with. But, I am going to stop now."

"Why?" Noelle asks.

"Because," Noah stutters nervously, "I think I already found her."

Noelle is quiet for a minute, then I hear her feet stand up and start to walk away on the gravel street.

"Wow Noah and yet you are on a date with me? You're lower than I thought." she says.

"Wait!" Noah cries out. They both stop a few feet away, still in my hearing range. I slide up the tree and slide my ear closer to hear better.

"Noelle, don't run away. You haven't even heard what I was going to say next!" Noah pleads.

I frown, Noah is pleading again? Could it be true, could he actually be in love with her?

"No, Noah. I think you should be with you're girl right now, not me." Noelle says, her voice cracking.

I peer my eyes over the trunk and stare at them.

"Noelle, I can't do that. I can't do that because that girl is standing in front of me." he says, stepping closer to her.

Aww.

Trying to Forget Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें