Chapter 16: The Un-Invisible Man

Noahs POV: One Month Later (literally, sorry about the sucky updated guys ;( I have been really sick, also unedited chapter!)

I slam my car door shut as I walk toward the school entryway, avoiding every eye as I wipe the sweat from my forehead.

I know they all heard what happened over the summer, in fact, the news spread around town faster than a wildfire. Making my life much more worse.

I walk into the hallways and look straight ahead, my eyes don't even to bother looking at the gossiping students and pity-filled eyes.

I am still in a depressed mood, wanting nothing more than to crawl into a hole and die. And right now, that idea sounds incredibly inviting.

"Hey! Noah!" I hear my best friend, Ash, yell from down the hallway. I hadn't spoken to him since a week after the deaths, ever since then I was pretty much mute. I even refused to speak to my own mother other than thanking her for dinner or telling her I was about to go on my nightly walk.

I turn my head and put on a small smile, looking at Ash's blue eyes and freckled nose.

"Hey man." I answer back casually, trying to get myself out of this weird funk. 

He smiles and wraps his arms around my head in a choke hold. His giant muscles squeezing me so tight I can feel the blood rush to my head. I quickly slip out, shoving him away laughing. 

"You suck." I snap, shoving him teasingly. 

"So Noah, how did summer treat you, brother?" He asks, grabbing both of his backpack straps. 

I shrug, not wanting to say much more. 

Ash frowns, "What? Didn't get lai-"

"Shut up, Ash. I really don't want to talk about it." I reply back, annoyance laced within my tone. 

Ash looks at me then stops, bewildered. 

I stop and look at him before replying, "Noelle and Jake Andrews died over the summer."

His eyes grow twice their size and his mouth gapes open and closed like a fish, words escaping only as silence. 

"I know." I say, turning around and stuffing my hands into my jean pockets. "Anyway, I am going to class."

I leave him gaping in the hallway and causally walk to my first classroom. As soon as I step inside, one of my ex's, Carli, brushes past me. 

"I heard about the accident, Noah."

I look up at her and nod my head, not having the desire to say much to her anyway. 

She raises her eyebrow and then walks past, but before she walks to far she whispers in my ear, 

"Slayerboy."

I stop and stare at her, extremely offended. 

"Excuse me?" I question, my voice raised. 

She turns around and flips her brown hair over her shoulder and then continues,

"I know what happened, Noah. Every dirty detail, and don't deny it. We all know it was a set up. You planned the death. But why are you so upset then? Didn't think anybody would find out? Especially not your little girlfriend."

"What the h-"

I swivel around and come face to face with a fragile face that is outlined in waves of beautiful blonde hair. 

"Ella. No, don't listen to her." I say, cutting ger off before Carli can say anything more. 

"Noah! Is that true? Please, don't tell me that is true." She begs, tears swimming in her eyes. 

"No! No, it isn't." I hiss, staring a narrowed eye in Carli's direction. 

"Noah, come with me." Ella says, tugging my arm into the hallway. 

I stand back and watch her face, completely unsure of what she might say next. I can't have her believe what Carli said was true, because it isn't. I mean, sure, plenty of times I wish he was dead so I could have Ella back, but I would never plan to kill anyone. 

"Listen to me," Ella snaps, breaking me out of my thoughts, "I want you to tell me right now if what Carli said is true. Because you know that this whole thing is going around the school and people are gossiping and honestly, I really jsut cannot deal with it right now if it is true, because that will jsut set me over the edge!"

I stare at her as she breathes hard from her long, contradicting sentence. 

"I thought you just said you wanted me to tell you?" I reply with a raised brow. 

"Noah..." She groans. 

"Babe, don't do that. It turns me on." I reply, smirking. 

"You pervert!" She screams before repeatly hitting my chest. 

I laugh and then pull her into a hug. I haven't done this in a while, I haven't showed affection in a while. In fact, I don't know if what I just did was even okay for us right now in our fresh relationship. We weren't really friends, but we weren't dating or anything like that either. 

It was more like I needed her and she needed me. We went a whole month without human conact and honestly, she was the only one I wanted it from. 

"I missed you." I reply.

And almost immediately regretting my words I quickly add, "Uh, that's not what I meant."

"No," Ella interrupts, wrapping her arms around my waist, "I missed you to Noah. I don't know why, but I did. Maybe it's because of what happened at the hospital, or at the funeral, or maybe it's just becuase I have nobody right now. But, I really did miss you. I know you may think I hate you Noah, but I don't."

I nod and bury my head into her neck. It may look weird, seeing a five foot nine man and a five foot two girl hugging in such an awkward way, but for me, it was perfect. She finally accepted it, she finally told me something that I had been wanting to hear for years. 

She didn't hate me. 

And for me, that was enough hope for now. Enough hope that soon, I would be able to confess my feelings for her. 

And maybe this time, she would feel the same. 

I know, kill me know. Well to late! This stupid sinus infection is already trying to do that :( anyway, sorry about the late chapter, I had a really bad case of writers block. But hey! It's comin' back baby! I have more ideas and my fingers are itching to write! So expect more soon! Also, sorry that it's so short I just figured that you all would like at least something since it's been like a month lol. 

FreshFictionFan

VOTE!!! COMMENT!!! LOVE ED SHEERAN!!!