Chapter 11: I'm broken...help!

Before you read: Play the song above, it's awesome and really adds to the story :) If it doesn't work, just listen to the song All of the Stars by Ed Sherran. You can just replay it until the end, and it will make the book even better! Just a suggestion though, enjoy!

Noah's POV

I believe there is a moment, in everyone's life, that we are able to recollect and remember every single good memory we have. For some, it's not until they are on their death bed. 

But for me, it was sitting in that dim lit hospital hallway, with nothing but a broken heart. 

I remembered everything, every bad dream, every ice cream parlor trip with my father and every moment I was with Ella Cummings and Noelle Andrews. 

When I first dated Ella, it was wonderful. I had someone who I could connect with, and truth be told, I was pretty sure I was in love with her. 

But, things changed. I changed. Her father had left and so had mine. We were both from broken homes, broken families, we were helpless souls that wanted nothing more than to experience love; and we did.

That was until I started drinking. Why did I drink? Because I was turning into a low life coward, much like my father. I was falling out of love with Ella. And it wasn't because I didn't like her happy, bubbly personality, but because she was healing me. 

Ella was gluing my broken soul back together with her love, and I was about ready to take off and find new love. 

But, I felt indebted to her love, her gentling healing. She got me through one of the toughest parts of my life. And no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't love her back. 

So I started drinking more, and I hit her when I was drunk. And she loved me anyway, which made me break down even more. 

I broke up with her not long after that because I couldn't stand the man I was anymore. I was drunk and abusive and most of all, I wasn't in love with her like I should be. 

So she started to date Jake Andrews, the one who often stole every girl I went after. And yes, I admit I did stalk them on a few dates, but one date changed by life forever. 

It was the day they went to the park and Jake took his younger sister, Noelle. She was a sophomore, feisty and smart. She was sitting on a brick wall that day, her brother was with Ella and they were walking down the trail. 

I sat down next to her on that bench, which made her jump about fifteen feet in the air, causing me to laugh for the first time in a while. I flirted with her, like I did every girl, but she just scoffed and rejected me. I was genuinely surprised.  We talked for a little longer that day, until she had to leave. 

And by the end of our conversation, which lasted only a mere hour, I was in love with her. And not just a little, but full on head over heels in love. She was different than those other girls, different than Ella even. She wasn't broken, but she had this thing about her that I couldn't forget about. She had this aura that she gave off, that made me forget where I was. 

And oh, oh that beautiful smile. Those soft pink lips, the way her teeth bit down on her bottom lip ever so slightly, the way her lips curved into that cocky smile. She wasn't hot, she wasn't pretty, she was beautiful. She was radiant. 

I used to call her that...radiant. I said she shined like the sun, brighter than the North Star. But, she never believed me. 

I look up at the clock on the wall, bringing be back down to my hellish reality. The one without my girl.