Chapter Six

Chapter Six (Alexander)

"An' so, I was jus' sittin' there when-- Wham-O! I got this great idea. I think it's great. The hair dresser also thought it was great."

Slade was way too enthusiastic in the morning, and it didn't help that Mark had kept me up with another obnoxious phone call, so I fought to stifle a yawn as Slade relayed his story. The moment I meant Slade I knew he was a bit weird.

I mean, it wasn't just the fact that he was psychic, but it was also the fact that he physically enjoyed flaunting himself about. When I met Slade, his platinum blonde hair was streaked with blues, purples, and greens. He'd gotten it redone before showing up to meet us. It was now layered in reds and oranges over the blonde parts. With his snake bites, entire left ear pierced in hoops, and the diamond stud in his right nostril, he looked like a regular delinquent.

He was just missing the black outfit. Today, Slade had doned a killer bright pair of red corduroy skinnies and a blue/black plaid fleece shirt under a white jacket with fur on the hood. Beside him, Zander sat stiffly, looking a bit uncomfortably as he adjusted his glasses. Probably because of how bright Slade was today, compared to his navy blue knit sweater and black jeans.

"Probably because saying it was weird wouldn't get them paid." Mark said from beside me, taking a deep sip of his pumpin spice hot chocolate. Slade pouted, leaning on the table and scrunching up his nose.

"Ye know, they say if I can make me powers better, I can move things wif me head."

"You have to have a brain to move things first."

"How rude! Ye one ta talk! What makes you so special?"

"Hellooo. Only living human pureblood." Mark sang, waving his hand around in a "duh" fashion that made Slade scowl and Zander cover his face with a hand. He probably still hadn't gotten used to the fact that he was hanging out with a psychic and two Druid descendents.

"Mark, you're technically not human anymore." I pointed out politely, taking a sip of my coffee and watching Mark blush as Slade grinned teasingly.

"You ruin everything, Alex." Mark accused, making me just smile at him. I was in too good a mood to care about anything negative anymore. I actually felt comfortable making jokes and teasing Mark again. I was mostly happy because my lunch date with Nathan yesterday went great. I couldn't officially call us a couple, but I could say we were getting closer to that level.

Nathan was such a fun guy to be around. He was positive and couragous and strong and dropdead gorgeous too. He made me laugh as much as Mark did-- which wasn't easy for Mark because he could be so clueless sometimes.

"So, what're you wearing to Vlad's party? Because Storm wants me to wear this stupid tux he picked out and I don't wanna walk around lookin' like I belong on the set of March of the Penguins." Mark ranted, making Slade smirk and Zander raise an eyebrow.

"I'm just wearing my three piece." I responded with a shrug, taking another sip of coffee and pausing to shiver in delight before my cell phone vibrated.

"Bow or tie?" Mark demanded. I raised an eyebrow at him as I took my phone out.

"Tie, of course." I answered with a duh tone. Mark scrunched up his nose, cocking his head as he said something to Slade and Zander as I pulled up my text messages, smiling when I saw Nathan's name. I opened his text, reading that he wanted to have dinner together tonight at some restaurant in town. I responded back quickly before tucking my phone away and looking up just as Slade spoke.

"I'm probably just gonna throw on the only suit I have, which has a really weird blue colored waistcoat. Me mum bought it for me a few years back for prom, but I never went to that silly thing." Slade explained with a shrug.