Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven (Alexander)

"Hurry up, Alex! I wanna get home and show you my room!"

Mark was standing by the limo, impatiently tapping a foot as he adjusted Storm's leather jacket on his shoulders. Storm was already waiting in the limo with Slade and Zander. Vladimir stood by Mark, saying something to him that I couldn't hear before Mark sighed in frustration and disappeared into the limo. Vladimir looked up at me, but I looked away as I held my phone to my ear, trying to listen to what Nathan was saying.

"So, I was thinking maybe Sunday around noon we could hit the cafe and maybe see a movie. I hear there's a new Paranormal Activity." Nathan explained. I smiled eagerly at the thought of sitting in the dark theater with Nathan during a movie that I would probably never pay attention to.

"That sounds perfect. I'll call you later tonight before I go to bed." I told him.

"Awesome. Have fun at your party tonight!"

"Thanks, see ya!"

"Later."

I hung up and tucked my cell phone into the pocket of my jacket before turning around, carrying a duffelbag that Vladimir took from me the moment I made it to the limo. I glanced at him curiously, but he just smiled and handed the bag to William, who stood nearby and took the bag around to the back. Vladimir then gestured me into the limo and I obeyed, climbing inside and taking a seat. Vladimir came in and sat beside me, making me stiffen for a moment, but I took a deep breath to relax myself as William got behind the wheel, starting the vehicle.

"Would anyone care some for some blood wine? Alex?" Vladimir asked, holding the bottle toward me. I blushed hard as Mark laughed almost hysterically while Slade and Zander shared confused looks.

"Father, now isn't the time for your flirting." Storm told him, reaching out to push the bottle away from me. Vladimir shrugged and popped the cork off it, taking a deep gulp before sticking the cork back in and shoving it under the seat in the ice box.

"Well now," He announced with a warm smile, glancing at us, "It's glad to have you all joining us. I apologize if at any point this party gets boring. There'll be music and human food as well as blood wine and just regular O negative drinks, but a good portion of it is for business. I need to reconnect with some purebloods."

"Sounds like a lot 'o work." Slade pointed out, studying the inside of the limo. Vladimir smiled lightly, folding one leg over the other as he spread his arms out across the back of the seats, making me blink and stiffen for a moment when I felt his hand brush the back of my neck. I glanced at him, but he was looking away innocently.

"Sadly." He told Slade, who just beamed at him. I felt a little sliver of irritation for some reason, but I couldn't pinpoint it as I looked away just as my phone vibrated. I blinked and took it out, opening up my messages and smiling when I saw Nathan's text.

Remember when I said I wouldn't text you while you were away? I lied. I miss you already.

I quickly responded and not more than a couple minutes later did Nathan reply back as I read another one of his cheesy sad texts. I smiled some more and texted him for another twenty minutes when a hand finally reached out, snatching my cell phone away.

"Hey!" I protested, frowning as Vladimir held the cell phone up, tilting his head to read the screen before humming.

"You have a boyfriend? Since when?" He asked, glancing at me. I blushed hard as Storm and Slade both snapped their heads to stare at me in disbelief.

"Is tha' bloke from the cafe? Nathanial?" Slade asked, making me smile lightly and give a quick nod. Slade whistled while Mark grinned proudly.

"They started dating last night! Went on a date and even kissed! Ha! I knew you two were compatible!" Mark declared. I laughed.