Chapter 11

(Y/N) P.O.V

Once you had heated up the leftovers, Chris and you sat across from each other at your small dining table and ate in comfortable conversation. You learned a lot about Chris and shared some information about yourself.

You had learned that he was an artist on the way to a convention.(Chris isn't an actor in this fic so please go with it!). You had also learned that his favorite color is red and he is from Boston.

********

It was late when you and him realized that you had finished your plates and how long you both had been taking. You both cleaned up, with much of your protest, and parted with a goodnight to each other. But little did you know that while you played your music softly, trying to get your mind off of the man, Chris was listening, struggling with the same problem about you.

Chris P.O.V

I laid in the bed on my back, listening to her music. Her music was very soft, but since my room was right next to hers, I could hear it faintly. She was listening to country music, not in his preferred tastes, but if she liked it, so did he. Every once in a while he could hear her softly singing or humming to the music as it played. He relished in the sweet sounds as he laid restless in the bed.

     It's not that he wasn't tired, he was exhausted but he just couldn't get his mind off of the specimen in the room across from his. At some point he found himself humming along to a song that came faintly through the walls.

(Play song now. Lyrics are in italics)

There's a lot of ways of saying what I want to say to you
There's songs and poems and promises and dreams that might come true

Chris laid awake staring at the ceiling, trying to free his mind, but the only thing he hears were the lyrics.

But I won't talk of starry skies or moonlight on the ground
I'll come right out and tell you I'd just love to lay you down
Lay you down and softly whisper pretty love words in your ear

     He closed his eyes and sang along quietly.

Lay you down and tell you all the things a woman loves to hear
I'll let you know how much it means just having you around
Oh darlin' how I'd love to lay you down

     Chris didn't even remotely know the song, it was like the lyrics came from his heart.

There's so many ways your sweet love made this house into a home
You've got a way of doing little things that turn me on
Like standing in the kitchen in your faded cotton gown
With your hair all up in curlers I still love to lay you down

     He let her finish out the rest of the song as she finished it beautifully. She knew the lyrics and sang them all perfectly. He laid there silently, the he heard a faint sniffle from the other room. He then head a muffled sob. Oh how he wanted so badly to go over and hold you. You had just met, yes, but he just never wanted to see you sad. He now knew why you knew those song lyrics by heart. That song must have brought up memories, memories best left alone for now.

__________________________

I just wanted to say thank you guys so much for 111 reads and 3 votes!! Please comment, and please leave suggestions! This song I chose has a connection with me, my step-father loves this song and he has been such a big part of my life and I cannot be more thankful for him.

-Nat OUT 🤠🤠