12. Arrowhead

Dear lovelies,

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! I'm slowly getting back to "normal life" after eating too much, spending time with my family (read: playing board games all night long)and wrapping presents. That means getting back to writing! 

Thank you all for being on this adventure with me! 

I love hearing from you <3

M

***********************************************************************************************

Qiana rushed into the room. She took a quick look around and her eyes widened. The bed had been thrown against the wall. The blinds had been torn down from the windows. Objects, that had been on the table, were now in small pieces on the floor. Dr. Jacobs and several nurses were holding Fay against the wall. 4 werewolves had to use all their strength to keep her still.

"Let go!" Fay screamed. Her voice was unrecognizable. It was one voice but resonated with the might of many.  

"Let go of me," she screamed again. 

"She'll break her bones if she doesn't stop," Dr. Jacobs grunted. 

"Have you given her something?" Qiana asked.

"Lorazepam, 25 milligrams. No effect."

Qiana took one of the nurse's place. She pushed hard to keep her friend against the wall. How was it possible, that Fay's human strengths were this strong. 

"Talk to me Fay," she spoke close to Fay's ear. "What's wrong?"

"Seth! He needs me!" Fay growled. 

"What do you mean?"

"I can hear him!"

Qiana saw from the corner of her eye how the nurse, whose place she had taken, filled a syringe and walked back to them. The nurse stuck the needle into Fay's forearm. Fay growled as the liquid entered her veins, but did not calm down. Nor did her strengths weaken. 

"I need to test something," Qiana said. The nurse nodded and took her place again. Qiana ran to the corridor and turned left where the storage room was. At first, she didn't see what she was looking for. She went through the shelves one by one moving every object making sure there was nothing behind them. 

"Where is it?" she asked out loud. She was about to go back and ask Dr. Jacobs when a small red box caught her eye. She took it from the shelve and hold it carefully in her hands. She felt a wave of discomfort wash over her body. Qiana had never held a red box in her hands and never had she intended to. After all, her purpose in life was to heal. 

Fay hadn't calmed down one bit when Qiana went back to her room. Qiana placed the box on the side table and slid the lid open. She pulled down her shirts' sleeve to cover the skin of her palm to avoid burning her skin. She picked up one of the small objects from the box: a small silver arrowhead. Carefully she held it making sure the fabric protected her skin.

"Are you sure about that?" Dr. Jacobs frowned. 

"There's nothing human about this. We need to know..." Qianas's voice faded. Dr. Jacobs nodded. 

"Move her on the floor," Qiana said. She waited for the four werewolves to get the kicking and screaming Fay on the floor stomach down. Qiana kneeled down next to Fay and between her screams, Qiana spoke: "I'm sorry if this hurts."' 

She placed the tip of the arrowhead on Fay's now bare lower back. Fay kept wriggling. 

"Try the neck," Dr. Jacobs suggested.  Qiana moved the silvery object to Fay's neck. Nothing happened.

"Pierce the skin."

Qiana looked at  Dr. Jacobs. 

"Are you sure?" she asked looking between the doctor and the arrowhead on Fay's skin. He nodded.

With a deep sigh, Qiana pressed the arrowhead harder. It sank through the skin. 

Fay's stopped fighting and her body went still. 

"Fay?" Qiana whispered. "Hey, can you hear me?"

Fay's lips started to move, but Qiana couldn't understand what she was trying to say. They started to tremble. Fay drew one sharp breath in and then started to scream in agony.

Qiana pulled the arrowhead out and threw it away. 

"Let go," she told others. "But be careful. She might be dangerous. Leave the room. I'll stay with her."

Just as they were about to do so, a thought came to her.

"Wait! I need to text Lucy first."

Lucy, are you still with him?

Just about to leave. They are here to escort me out.

I need you to tell Seth something. Ok?

Ok...?

He needs to tell Fay to calm down.

Wait, what!?

Looks like their bond is alive.