35. She-Wolf Pack - Part 2

Hey, Lovelies!

I was wondering, would you be interested in reading Elise's last letters to her children? You did get a chance to read her letter to Fay in book 2 (Taming a Wolf). 

By the way, thank you so much for your love and support! <3 <3 Votes and comments are precious to me.

But now... let's start the chapter! 

***************************************************************************************

 Once again they were questioning Henry Trinh's intentions as satellite images appeared on the laptop screen. They used Google Maps to double-check the area.

"Everything looks legit," Fay said. 

"Yep. And he sent them in 3 minutes. That's not enough time to modify nor edit them in a believable way," Qiana agreed.

Fay nodded. She closed her eyes. Seth was talking into her head. Everyone stayed quiet. Fay sighed.

"They are starting to evacuate children and seniors. We have to hurry because Seth wants me there," she told.

Serafina stiffened.

"It's really happening," she whispered. Serafina got up and walked to the window. She looked out. The familiar streets and buildings of her hometown looked strangely eery. As if they knew there was a storm coming. 

"I can't believe it," she said and turned her eyes at Fay. Fay couldn't fully understand what Serafina was feeling. Fay was not the daughter of an alpha. She hadn't seen her father spent his life building this pack. And not just her father, but the generations before him. But the melancholy she saw in Serafina's eyes woke the protector in her. 

"Serafina, come here," she said and extended her hand to her. Serafina walked to her and let Fay pull her on the couch. She let her head rest on Fay's shoulder.

"Seth knows what he's doing. He has been preparing himself to face this his whole life. You know he had the best teacher. Your father raised and thought him to be the best Alpha this pack could ever have. He is capable. He is talented. He is smart. And he has strong allies and now the tribes are siding with him. With us."

Fay squeezed Serafina gently. 

"Everything will be alright," she said with a reassuring smile.

"We need to do our part. We need to take care of Finnigan," Serafina said. She leaned towards the coffee table and reached for the serum. Fay groaned but didn't stop her.

"What's our plan?" Serafina asked and looked at every she-wolf in the room. 

***********************************************************************************************

Fay saw Seth before he saw her. It came her time to calm down and go through what she had to say to him without ruining anything. Seth was talking to several tribal men who had arrived after Max's father and mate had called them to join the cause. They were standing outside the library. Fay noticed several school busses parked on the other side of the road.

Seth sensed her and turned to see her. He smiled at her, but Fay could see he was tensed.

"Hey," she said as she reached him. She greeted the other men with a polite nod. They left them alone to instruct a group of men standing near the busses.

"Everything alright?" Fay asked slipping her hand into Seth's. 

"About 200 fighters have marched through one of our Allie pack's lands in Illinois. It was expected, but there's something else going on," Seth said. 

"Ok... What? What's going on?" Fay frowned.

"Only 200. Where are the rest?" This time Seth said it more to himself than to answer Fay's question. Fay's eyes widened. 

"So we don't know where the three to five thousand werewolves, who are willing to kill us in the name of Finnigan, are," she stated. 

Seth nodded. He chuckled.

"Not ideal," he sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"What can I do?" Fay asked. They started to walk away from the busses back to the Cage house. 

"We need to evacuate children and seniors. Their wellbeing cannot distract anyone able to fight. All our allies are evacuating too. Could you do it? I know it's a lot, but there's no one more capable than you to keep them safe."

"Of course. Are the busses for that?"

"Yes. They are ready and the-"

"Ships too," Fay cut him off. "I'll make sure everyone gets to the island and stays safe."

Seth stopped and pulled her against him. He rubbed her back with her hand and sighed.

"I'm glad you're here," he whispered. Fay inhaled her mate's scent. She too was happy to be there with him. Despite the lurking danger and the missing enemy fighters.

"I think you better get your guests there too," Seth said. 

Fay didn't answer. That made Seth take a step back. 

"Fay?" he said sensing her unrest. 

Of course, I can't hide that from him, she thought. 

"Please..." she whispered.

Seth's hands dropped down. 

"Fay," this time it was a warning. Fay closed her eyes. Plan B it is then, she thought.

"Please don't make me choose between my loyalty to you and the She-Wolf pack." 

"Fay, what are you talking about?" 

His eyes told Fay, she was facing an alpha - not her mate. 

"They are doing something to help," Fay said lowering her head. 

"They," Seth repeated. "They? What about you?"

Fay shook her head.

"I'm your mate," she said. They both knew what she meant. She would not put Seth in danger by distracting him. Nor his pack. 

Seth sighed in relief. He put his hand behind her neck and pulled her closer to him. He rested his forehead against hers. Fay could feel his breath on her skin. 

"I won't make you choose."

Fay smiled. But she knew she was betraing him. She had not told him She-Wolf pack was not alone in this. Serafina was going too.

"As long as you're safe," Seth added. 

Seth knew she was not telling the whole truth. And as their eyes met, Fay understood he knew that. 

***********************************************************************************************

So there you have it.

I hope I can publish at least one more chapter this week. Hopefully two.

M