39. Bluff

14 missed calls from Fay. Lucy winced. It meant the women had gone on with the plan. With a sigh, she dialed Fay's number.

"Lucy!" Fay picked up immediately. "Why the HELL haven't you answered my calls?!"

Had she been next to her in the car, Lucy knew her ears would be ringing. 

"I'm sorry, Fay. I've been a little busy," she moaned. She parked the car to the exact same spot she had been earlier before been told to leave. 

"Lucy, listen to me! This is a setup. This is blood in the ocean against us! Get out of there. RIGHT. NOW!"

"What are you talking about?" Lucy frowned.

"I'm talking about Henry f*cking Trinh! He is here! He just manipulated Seth's fighter to attack me!" 

"Oh no," Lucy sighed. 

"Get out of there," Fay pleaded.

"It's too late for that," Lucy said. The same group of Onijas approached the car. "They're coming," she said. She left the phone open but dropped it on the passenger's seat. Before the men had time to do anything, Lucy pushed the door open.

"You," she said pointing at them while stepping out," had no right making me leave. This is not private property!"

 The same one, who had done all the talking last time, stepped closer to her. As intimidating as he was, Lucy lifted her chin and faced the giant. Too late to run to safety, so why not go down with the fireworks. 

"Leave," the man said. 

"Nah. I have every right to be here. So I'm going to finish my yoga routine you so rudely interrupted."

Lucy opened the back door to get her yoga mat. And most importantly, what was under it. She wasn't surprised to feel rough hands on her hips and being pulled out. Luckily she hadn't lost her grip. As the men saw what she was holding in her hands they took a step back.

"Touch me again, and I'll pull the trigger."

Before knowing they'd be facing Onijas and before Fay's news, Lucy had no intention to shoot. They were supposed to be tied and injected with colloidal silver and the same medicine that had kept Evelyn's wolf side hidden all those years.

But know, she was ready to do the unthinkable. She wasn't up against your average male wolves.

"That's right, stay back," she told them.

The men chuckled. Lucy made sure her grip was tight.

"You're not fast enough to shoot as all," the talking one smiled. He was flexing his chest muscles. Fragile ego.

"I'm not?" Lucy asked with a sweet smile. 

"No."

"My dad was a Marine. So... guns were like a thing in our family. Besides, I don't have to shoot all of you. One is enough." 

The talking one started to lunge at her. She turned the gun at his thigh and pulled the trigger. A normal bullet might not have made him drop down on the ground, but a silver bullet did. 

The two remaining men looked furious and ready to rip her into parts but were stopped dead on their tracks. 

"See, one was enough," she grinned.

Fanny and Rebecca held silver arrowheads against their necks. 

"My friends here are good at sneaking up, don't you think." 

Rebecca shook her head. Don't get cocky, her gaze told her. Lucy nodded. 

"Sit down. Both of you," Fanny ordered. When they didn't budge, Rebecca pushed the arrowhead against the man's neck. It nearly pierced it. The man pressed his lips together fighting the pain.

"I have more silver bullets," Lucy said.

The men lowered down on the ground.

"You are not getting out of here alive," one of them spat.

"We just defeated 3 Onijas. I think we're fine," Lucy said. "Put your hands behind your heads."

The men did that but very slowly.

"Maybe 3, but in about two minutes you have to defeat a lot more than 3."

Lucy chuckled.

"We won't mind couple more." Had the men been able to look back at Rebecca and Fanny, they'd seen them listening with an expecting look in their eyes. 

"Enjoy dying, human. You have no chances against 15."

Rebecca and Fanny grinned behind the men. Lucy backed to the car never lowering the gun. With her left hand she opened the trunk and took out duffel back. Other wolves - Onijas, must have heard the gunshot. There wasn't much time left before they'd come.

Still holding the gun with her other hand, Lucy opened the back. There were several filled syringes ready to be used in a plastic box. She took 3. The men noticed them and started to move away from Rebecca and Fanny. But they pierced their skins with the arrowhead. The pain was too much handle, so they stopped moving.

"Move again, and we'll go deeper," Fanny said.

Lucy stuck the needles into their thighs. It was a perfect mix to numb the wolf and make their bodies burn in silvery pain. Rebecca sniffed them.

"Acid," she said. She and Fanny let go of the two of them.  Lucy walked to the third one with a silver bullet in his thigh. 

"Do you want to live?" she asked him. 

He nodded. Now that his Onija wolf was hidden, his human desire to not die had taken over him. He had tears in his eyes. 

"Good, I will give you a belt so you can make the bleeding stop."

Lucy started to unbuckle her belt but stopped.

"How many Onijas are coming?" she asked. "You will have this belt if you answer me. And since you want to live, tell truth. I will shoot you if you lie."

"Five."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Please, I'm bleeding out!"

"Why are you sure?"

"There were eight of us guarding the cabin within a 4-mile radius."

Lucy gave him her belt. She wondered where the rest of the Onijas were, if there really were 15.

***********************************************************************************************