34. She-Wolf Pack - Part 1

It wasn't hard to organize a meeting with the women. Seth, Shawn and the tribal alphas were busy planning the defense.

They sat in the living room of the apartment that Q and the other women stayed in. It was dark outside and the lamp on the side table draw their shadows onto the walls. Like there had been a big group of female wolves there. But there were only Serafina, Fay, Evelyn, Lucy, Max, Qiana, Fanny, Rebecca, Molly, Fanny, and Norah.

They all stared at the glass bottle on the coffee table. The photo of the cabin was under it.

"Can we trust him? I mean, it could be a trap," Fay finally broke the silence.

Serafina shrugged. 

"Should we trust him?" Max asked. She moved off from the couch and kneeled so her knees were under the coffee table. She lifted the bottle and examined it. Fay moved on her seat uncomfortably. 

"Sorry," Max whispered and put the bottle back. She remained sitting on the floor. Her eyes never left the bottle. 

"Jeez, Max! You're like Gollum," Fanny sighed. 

Max chuckled.

"Q... I was thinking... Could you figure out what it really is and... maybe make more of it?" she asked. Q shook her head.

"I'm not touching it. We can't risk tampering it in any way," she said. Max sighed in disappointment. 

"So should we trust him?" she asked.

"Could you, please move away from it!" Fay cried out. "That thing gives me creeps. I don't want anyone touching it!"

Qiana put her arm around Fay's shoulders.

"Hey... It's not going to hurt you," Qiana said.

"The glass could break..." Fay whispered 

"It's not going to. And even if it did, it can cause no damage on someone's skin. There needs to be more than just a few drops and it has to be injected into a vein. So you and everyone else here is safe." 

Fay closed her eyes and took deep breaths.

"I'm sorry," she said.

"You don't have to apologize. That poison made you go through hell, of course, it makes you feel uncomfortable," Qiana said. 

"Fay, won't touch it again," Max said and gently squeezed Fay's knee. Fay looked at her and nodded.

"Can and should we trust Henry Trinh?" Fay asked. She was visible calm now, that no one was near the bottle.

"As far as I know, he has never lied to me. He has always kept his word," Serafina said.

"He has played games with you," Evelyn said.

"Games yes, but never lies," Serafina sighed. "I feel he's telling the truth when he said he wants no harm on me." 

"So you believe the serum is real? And the cabin belongs to Finnigan and he will be there?" Qiana asked.

Serafina nodded.

"Maybe Fay's father could check out the cabin," Molly suggested.

"No, no. There's a risk that Finnigan figures out something," Fay said. "A wolf cannot go near that cabin." 

"I'll go."

Everyone turned to look at Lucy.

"No, it's too dangerous," Fay said. 

"You said a wolf can't go anywhere near the cabin. I'm human. He doesn't know who I am. I am no threat. I could be just your regular human hiker."

"Low..."

"I could figure out the number of guards."

"Low has a point," Qiana said though hesitantly.  

"I can't protect her there," Fay said. "If something happens to me-"

"Seth wouldn't be able to lead and defend his pack," Serafina finished her thought. 

"Yeah," Fay nodded. "I cannot let Low go there without protection. She needs to have back up if something bad happens. Somewhere close enough, but not too close to get exposed. Even then... It's dangerous."

"Yeah," Fanny agreed. " There might be several guards. And as much as I hate to say it, female wolves would have a hard time against male guards. We probably couldn't do anything to help Low."

"Satellite!" Serafina yelped. "I could ask Henry for satellite pictures of the area! Low wouldn't have to go there at all. We would exactly what to expect without endangering Low."

"He would give satellite pictures to us?" Qiana asked raising her eyebrows. 

"It doesn't hurt to ask," Serafina said. She pulled out her phone and typed a short message without pleasantries. It didn't take long for her phone to vibrate. She lifted her phone and turned the screen so everyone could see the reply:

OK.

They looked at the screen dumbfounded.

"There's no way, that man is related to Harriet Trinh," Qiana chuckled. 

"He must really like you," Fay continued and looked curiously at her mate's little sister. 

Serafina cleared her throat and avoided Fay's gaze. 

"Yeah..." she muttered. "So we'll get the information about the number and position of guards and create our plan from there."

They all agreed. Flying blind was not an option. 

***********************************************************************************************

Ooh! She-Wolf Pack is getting ready to rumble! 

I'd love to pick your brains a bit, if you don't mind :)

1. Would you trust the info provided by Henry Trinh?

2. Isn't Lucy/Low just the bravest human ever!?

Leave a comment and vote if you'd like to bring a smile on my face :)

M