Epilogue: 1. After the wolf was killed

There's a reason why packs avoid fighting each other in modern times. It is extremely hard to keep the feds away when hundreds of people just disappear or are found dead looking like an animal had attacked them. It's not weird that now and then a human dies because of an animal attack. But when there are several in a short period of time - like one night, it is strange. 

And now there were several all over the country. 

Finnigan's allies had pulled back. The Alpha who had united the west turned out to be an imposter.  They were now in a state of chaos. And shame. If one's power is only built on symbols and illusion, that power can disappear in a blink of an eye.

In other words, it didn't take long before Seth and his allies' packs were safe again. But they all knew they had a difficult road ahead. Though Seth's pack had only lost a few lives, strangely enough thanks to Henry Trinh experimenting the manipulation of a large number of werewolves, allies had not been that fortunate. 287 lives had been lost. Mothers, fathers, children, sisters, brothers, friends, and mates. The sorrow was devastating, and devastation can be dangerous.

Revenge. It was the last thing they needed. 

***********************************************************************************************

5 minutes after the wolf was killed.

Serafina carried Qiana out of the cabin. She ignored the strange groans of now human Robert Finnigan and the Onijas standing outside uncertain what to do. They were not allowed to offer their services to humans nor attack if not under contract. 

Qiana was in terrible pain. As she had tried to shift back to her human form, she hadn't been able to. It was a bad sign. 

Serafina tried to carry her gently, but carrying a wolf wasn't easy. She got help from Fanny and Norah, as they appeared from the bushes. They gave a wary glance at the Onijas. 

"Q," Fanny cried out as Serafina lowered her on the ground. She placed Qiana's head on Fanny's lap.

"She couldn't shift," Serafina explained. Her hands started to shake and her voice had lost its normal pitch. Norah put her hand on Serafina's. 

"It's better she didn't. Healing can still work," she whispered. Norah stroked Qiana's fur and kissed her forehead. "Q, You're not alone. We're here."

Fanny turned her head and her eyes widened.

"Where's Molly?"

Serafina frowned.

"She wasn't with you?"

Fanny shook her head.

"I haven't seen her since we decided to go on with the plan. Shit! Not her too!"

"Hey, calm down. She is somewhere... She might not now we reached Finnigan already."

Norah stood up.

"I'm going to go find her," she said.

"I think we should stay together," Serafina sighed. 

"She might be hurt," Norah said turning her eyes to the Onijas. With a determination in her eyes, she walked to them. They quickly wiped away the flustered looks on their faces. 

"How many of us did you take out?" she asked. 

When she didn't get an answer, she stepped closer to one of them. He almost took a step back.

"How many?" she repeated. 

Still nothing.

Norah lifted her eyebrow. 

"Do you know who she is?" she said pointing at Qiana. 

No reply.

"You almost killed Tarana Rabiu's daughter."

No reply, but she could see them register her words. 

"One of us is missing," she continued knowing now it was best for the Onijas to cooperate. "Did you do something to her?"

"The redhead?" he finally spoke.

Norah nodded. They knew what she looked like. 

"She's alive-" 

Norah inhaled.

"- and waiting for you in your get-away car. It's good, you never needed it. It was a bit too obvious. The gas and all."

"What did you do to her?" Norah asked.

"Nothing special."

Norah swang her fist towards that smug chin, but the Onija dodged it effortlessly. It made Norah stagger forth. He stopped her from falling.

"Do not fight me, faded one," he said and pushed her away. "It will not end well with you."

"You can't do anything to me or to us anymore. The one you had a contract with is human now. You are not allowed to do anything."

He nodded.

"But do you really want to test my loyalty, faded one? Or maybe you should go see that human of yours before she dies."

What? Norah's eyes darted towards the car, but she couldn't see it completely, because the cabin blocking half of it. Serafina was already on her feet running.

"Lucy," Norah whispered and run after Serafina.