25. Over-everything

Hey, Lovelies!!

Finally, and I mean FINALLY, a new chapter. Thank you all, for sharing this adventure with me! Your comments and votes are much appreciated! I'm going to read and reply to them after publishing this chapter. 

The next two chapters will be filled with sweet romance. I think some of wolf friends deserve that and I know WE do :)

I hope you'll enjoy the chapter!

M

***********************************************************************************************

Fay held his hand. Seth's hand. He was there and she could touch him - feel his skin against hers. He looked so peaceful and for Fay's relief, his skin was getting back its familiar glow. 

He was unconscious due to anesthetics, but Fay could feel him waking up little by little. 

When he let out a silent groan, she couldn't help but gasp. Biting her lip, she tried to hold back the tears, but the anticipation was too much to bear. With her free hand, Fay wiped away her tears. 

"Fay," she heard his whisper. 

"Oh Seth!" she cried and buried her face into the crook of his neck, but she quickly lifted her head up again. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'll be ok," he whispered. He had to swallow hard.

"What's wrong?" Fay frowned.

"My throat."

Fay nodded. 

"They had to intubate you. Qiana said a sore throat is normal after that."

Seth nodded. He was having a hard time keeping his eyes open. 

"You're crying.

"Yeah. I'm happy... You're  really here."

Seth squeezed her hand. Though it was hardly a squeeze.

"You can sleep. I'll be right by your side," Fay smiled. With her thumb, she drew circles on his palm. She watched as he let his eyelids shut and his body relaxed.

"I love you," she whispered. A small smile formed on his lips before he completely drifted into sleep. 

***********************************************************************************************

And sleep he did. Hours and hours. According to Qiana, it was a good thing, because sleeping would help his wolf healing abilities to activate. She and Dr. Jacobs had examined Seth's abdomen and they were optimistic. Looked like they got all the silver out.

Shawn visited his brother several times. With a low voice, he spoke about what was going on. Fay didn't bother to listen to his monologue. Instead, she counted the seconds and minutes and yearned for him to open his eyes again. Always before leaving, Shawn offered to take her back home to rest. Always she refused. 

The only time she left the room, or actually was dragged out, was when Qianan and Dr. Jacobs ordered her out so they could clean the wound. She leaned against the wall just outside the door and rushed back in when the doctors were ready. As she passed Qiana, her friend shook her head.

"He's not going anywhere. No need to run me over." 

Fay ignored her. Of course, Qiana couldn't understand what she was feeling and the need to be by Seth's side. Not only was he her mate, but she had never before felt such a strong need to protect him - nor anyone.

When she sat on his bedside, Seth opened his eyes. 

"You're awake," Fay said. 

"Your friend has cold hands. They would wake up anyone," Seth chuckled. He took Fay's hands into his and she realized he had gained a lot of strength back. His voice hadn't yet recovered but it was a bit more husky than just hoarse.

"Can I ask you a favor?"

"Of course! Anything!" Fay said.

"Could you get me some clean clothes? And deodorant and a toothbrush?"

Fay nodded vigorously. "I'll call someone. Maybe Evelyn can bring them."

"Are you... are you sure about that?" Seth asked.

"Wh- what? Why?" Fay frowned.

"I sense you're a bit... I don't know. Over-responsive?" 

"Huh?"

"Your wolf senses are heightened so much that I doubt it wouldn't take much for you to snap."

He was right. She did feel like a ticking time bomb. 

"I just got a mate back who I believed to be dead, so yes, I am a bit over-responsive."

"So... do you think it's a good idea to send someone to go through my personal belongings. I know they're just clothes, but your wolf side is primal right now. You do now I can sense you, right."

"I'm not leaving you," Fay shrugged. 

"I'm going to take a shower - And before you protest, Dr. Jacobs said it would be fine. So unless you intend to join me, which in a normal situation I'd like very much, you'll be sitting here in this hospital room alone for about ten minutes doing nothing. Or you could use that ten minutes  getting some fresh air and making sure you don't explode when someone else comes here with your mates clothes."

Her wolf side recognized the truth in his words but her human side was annoyed.

"Sounds like I have one brain cell," she said.

Seth chuckled.

"There's no way I can drive to your house, get what you need and drive back in ten minutes. I'm not going to be away from you for more than ten minutes. No way."

"Ok. Then I guess Evelyn needs to bring them."

Fay groaned. Seth laughed. She was behaving exactly like those overbearing, overprotective and over-everything male wolves she always complained about.

"I guess I'll go then," she said but didn't get up. Instead, she stared at Seth for a while. "Nothing can happen to you while I'm away."

"I'll be fine. Just less smelly."

"Seth, I mean it."

"As I said, I'll be fine and won't smell like a caveman."