41. Loved her

Fear. It had to be fear he was experiencing. But it was hard to be certain since it was such a foreign sensation. 

Fear. And all because of a wolf girl. 

A thought of her lying dead on the ground made him punch a tree trunk with all his strength. Bones broke and he welcomed the physical pain. 

Fay had been right; he had not known about Onijas. His plan had been bulletproof. Get Serafina to California, let Finnigan start the war... And in the chaos experiment and test. Like the ability to manipulate minds from a distance and learn more about the evolved protector, Fay Holloway.

Henry knew the Cage's had an island, their safe haven. He knew the pack would send their vulnerable there. He knew Fay would be the one taking them there. He had planned on creating havoc at the piers by making the fighters attack each other - and the children. He wanted to see how Fay would've reacted and acted. But only five wolves had come. Manipulating them had been easy. He had let one escape. The wolf had crawled back just to be made to attack Fay. The wolve's deep love for his child had snapped him out of Henry's control. It was quite impressive. 

Also, Fay's strength had impressed him. He had wanted to make her mind think she was being flown around the forests, but her mind had fought bravely lifting her only a few inches above the ground and giving her the strength to speak to him. 

Henry stared at his now red and swollen knuckles. 

He deserved to be laughed at - as Fay Holloway had laughed at him.

He loved Serafina. 

He had sent her to die.

And there was nothing he could do. Ravens couldn't manipulate Onija minds.

He hit the tree again. And he kept hitting until his hand wasn't a hand anymore. Just torn flesh, bone pieces.

He didn't put up a fight when his body was tackled to the ground by a big Alpha wolf. He relaxed his body to receive his death. Sleep came - but he kept existing.

***********************************************************************************************

Evelyn hated waiting. So did Max. While the other women had started their drive to the Finnigan's territory, they had stayed in a hotel couple of towns away. When they had heard the news about Onijas, Max had nearly left to help them. But standing at the door with her hand on the handle she had realized, she couldn't have left Evelyn alone. She wasn't able to defend herself if something would happen. 

With a groan, she walked back to the bed and lay there staring at the ceiling. Evelyn sat next to her, hugging her legs and leaning against the headboard. 

"Everything will be fine," Max told her.

"Tell me about Onijas again," Evelyn said and glanced at Max. She noticed her eyes fixed on the ceiling and shook her head. 

"Right... everything will be fine," she mimicked her.

Max didn't say anything for a while, but when she did, Evelyn was taken aback by Max's eyes.

"I just had a vision," Max said. Evelyn had never seen eyes like that. Gold. Slowly they turned back to brown.

"What did you see?" Evelyn asked.

"I think it was good. Give me a moment to go through it again. I must get it right when the time is right."

"Okey," Evelyn sighed feeling disappointed for having to wait. She watched as Max covered her eyes and her lips moved as if she was talking silently. Her lips stopped and she jumped up.

"Talk to your mate, Evelyn! They have Henry. Make sure they don't kill him. We need him!"

***********************************************************************************************

What do you do when you have your enemy captured and you have a chance to get rid of him and the danger he can cause to you, your family, and your pack?

You give him CPR because your brother's mate is screaming into his mind to keep the enemy alive. You get his heart beating and when it stops again you keep pressing his chest and blowing air into his lungs.

You keep pressing, though he almost separated you from your mate. 

You keep doing that so your loved ones can live in peace - can live.

And you feel relieved when your enemy takes a breath by himself.

***********************************************************************************************

Prepare yourself for the grand finale! It is coming!