🌹Chapter Two🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWO🌹

Opening the door of my apartment after a long day at work feels amazing. My legs are so tired that I feel like I just want to go to bed and just rest them before I will have to go back to work tomorrow, early might I add. The clock is about half past nine in the evening.

The apartment is rather empty as I've been too busy to decorate, even if I've been here for about six and half months I've not had any time to make this place feel like home. I left my old apartment and came here because the pain became too great but I don't want to dwell on the pain any longer.

Throwing myself on the couch that I have I sigh with sadness. This place does feel lonely and the fact that I'm all alone makes it even more lonely and no matter what I do, I can never feel like I belong here. Not once have I felt like this is my home.

A knock on the door breaks me away from my thoughts. I stare at the door in confusion. I know for a fact that the neighbors that live in the same hallway as I don't really like other people and some I've never even met because I'm too busy at work and when I come home it's already late in the evening. Not the best time to meet neighbors or anyone really.

Standing up and walking to the door, I open it up. A man stands there with a box in his hands. It's a box wrapped in a baby blue wrapping paper and a silvery glitter bow. I give him a confused look. "Miss Rose Ace?" He asks. This man is dressed in a black suit and he looks very business like but I don't recognize him.

"Yes, this is she" I tell him but I don't stop give him a questionable look. I don't know who this man is or how and why he knew my name and holding that box or is it a present, I can't be sure. He hands me the box which I take but that does not make me any less confused.

"I've been instructed to give this to you" He tells me and then turns to leave. "Wait!" I call after him while holding the box in my hands. It's not that heavy but I wouldn't call it light either. "From whom?" I ask him but he doesn't answer me and just continues to walk down the hallway and down the stairs.

Looking at the box in my hands while I stand on the threshold of the door with confused and I'm not even sure what is happening right. After a moment or two I return to my apartment and close the door. Setting the box down on the table in the kitchen I continue to stare at it.

I'm starting to get very curious about what is inside this box and who sent it to me. There isn't even a note or anything and I'm not so sure that this is for me. Sighing, I begin to slowly open the box. Taking the bow off and then I carefully rip the wrapping paper until I'm met with a box with a lid. The box is in the most lovely shade of red, almost scarlet like red.

Taking the lid of the box and putting it on the table. I let out a gasp. A dozen or so white roses are in the box and they look so beautiful. A note is also inside the box. Taking the note out and opening it I begin to read what is written on the note which is hand-written in gold ink.

🌹My dearest Rose.🌹
These last few months have been a living hell without you and I have suffered every day in your absence.
It was once said that it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all. I completely disagree.
The pain in my heart is too much for me.
The love I hold for you is endless.
I write to you to beg your forgiveness.
To take me back even when I do not deserve you.
But know this Rose Ace.
I will have you.
No matter what.
I would rather spend eternity earning your forgives than being without you.
I love you.
🌹Your beloved Alexander Knight.🌹