🌹Chapter Thirty - Seven🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER THIRTY - SEVEN🌹

Dinner was awkward or beyond awkward. Mom is giving me knowingly look that tells me that she wants to talk about that thing that she really thinks happened but it never happened, in fact the kiss never even took place which is a bummer to me because I really needed that kiss.

I'm grateful that Lena doesn't know because she would be booming me with questions which I don't want nor need. She wanted to spend some time with me after dinner because we've not spent some time together and I really do miss our time together and I know that it would be nice to spend time together, and she also came for the free food that is made by a chef.

Alexander is here which makes this whole thing even more awkward, even more awkward than it has to be, and to make matters worse his hand is on my thigh. Not that I'm complaining because I do like it when his hand is on my thigh but at this moment I'm going to complain because it makes it seem different in other's people's eyes, and when I say other people I'm talking about my mother who is still giving me strange looks which I would rather she stops.

No one has said anything, it has been silence for some which makes this even more awkward and I'd wish that I did have something to say but I don't. I do have to explain to my mom about this whole thing and what did and what did not happen to me today but then Lena would know and I'm not ready for that yet, I don't need her to ask questions. At least not now, that can happen later.

"So, Rose, how was your first day at work? I'm sure it was... pleasurable" Mom says and my eyes widen when she said that. Is she kidding me? This has to be a joke. My eyes look towards Alexander and see that he's trying his hardest not to laugh because he's begging to laugh right about now.

I'm not even sure what I can say at this point, how can I explain this to my mom without talking about what did and what did not happen. "It was... fine" I say, after finding my own voice. I couldn't say anything else, my brain was only on why he was throwing me under the bus and how to get back at him because I really do need to come up with an idea of revenge.

"I heard that Alexy here scared off bunch of business men so that they would be in business with her" Lena says and she winks at me. Alexy? That nickname is cute and by the look on his face, I can tell that he doesn't like it. Could this be the revenge? Did Lena just give me the revenge idea without even knowing it herself?

She, who is totally oblivious to the awkwardness around here as she's the only one who doesn't know what had taken place or rather what did not. "Yes, he did do that and I will make sure that doesn't happen again your little Alexy here will just find myself marrying me in five years" I say which shocks everyone.

I'm serious, I'm not going to let him go into my meetings and scare them into signing which I know that he did. "It sure looks like you're taking control over this marriage, here some advice for you handsome future son-in-law if you do want to be my future son-in-law, always listen to the woman even if you don't agree" Mom says.

Lena bursts out laughing when she sees the scared look on his face and it's also very funny but this is serious. "I know that this is going to be so fun watching this marriage or not marriage. You two are going to be the best reality show ever" She says as she continues to laugh. Reality show? This is not a reality show, it has not and will not be a reality show, she's so strange sometimes but it's Lena so...