🌹Chapter Forty - Two🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER FORTY - TWO🌹

The business continues to bloom and grow as I just made another deal this morning. And I'm thankful that Alexander did not make himself comfortable in the meeting because he never came. Somehow I was waiting for him to waltz through the door and not sit down next to me but that never happened.

A knock on my door and then the door of my office opens and then Alexander walks inside. Speak of the devil and he shall appear. Well, that was fun. "Hey, congratulations on your meeting" He says as he walks inside. I raise an eyebrow at him which he only ignores and sits down.

"Thank you but why have you come here? I'm sure you have your own company to run... and where is Lena? She was supposed to be here after the meeting" I ask. I really need to focus on work and I can't do that when he's around me. I do love him, I really do but I want to work and I can't if he keeps distracting me with his handsomeness, is that even a word? I'm not sure.

He sends a smile my way. "You certainly always want to keep me away, is there maybe something you're hiding and as for your annoying friend, she told me that she was going to give us some privacy to do you know what..." he trails off with a smirk on his face. My eyes widen and I make a disgusting face.

"I'd rather not. Besides what are you doing here? You did not answer my question before" I remind him. I find it strange that he doesn't run his company that much, he is barely there. "Can't a man just wish to see his beautiful fiancé?" He asks me and I roll my eyes.

Trying to flirt while at work is not going to work, well maybe it will but still it does distract me and I'm trying to run a whole company. "Yes, but you as well as I have work to do. Otherwise you will find yourself without a company which will be bad for me since I do own half of your company too" I say.

It is just now that I realize that I do own half of his business. I've never really thought much about it before and now I am thinking about it. It's so strange and the fact that I do own his company too does give me an idea for a future revenge.

"Believe me, I know that. But I do have a reason for being here. I would like to ask you out tonight" He says. My face reddens by his words. "Tonight? As a date?" I ask him and he nods his head. "Sure" I say awkwardly, not sure what to say about this.

He stands up. "Good, I will see you tonight" He says and then he walks out of my office and closes the door. Leaving me alone in my office thinking about this date that we will be going on tonight. And somehow all I can think about is that date and I know that I need to get it out of my head but I can't.

Then the door opens and a part of me was hoping that it was Alexander but much to my disappointment it isn't him but Lena. "Hey, just saw him walking out. You're that fast?" She asks and I know exactly what she is meaning and I know that is gross.

I make a disgusting face. "Eww, gross. We did nothing of sorts. All he did was ask me to go on a date with him and then he left after I answered him" I tell her and I can see her face grow more interested in this conversation, even if we aren't talking about the thing that she does want to talk about.

"You are going on a date with him, how exciting. What will you be wearing? How will your make-up be done?" She asks me and continues to ask me more questions but I just close my ears and go into my computer to answer some of my emails. "Are you even listening to me?" She asks after about five or so minutes.