🌹Chapter Twenty - Four🌹

🌹R O S E II🌹

🌹CHAPTER TWENTY - FOUR🌹

Caitlyn, my mom's friend that works at the hair salon comes two hours after lunch and she will be doing my hair. We're in the bathroom and I'm sitting in a chair with the thing that goes over the body so I don't get hair on my clothes. "So, thinking of cutting it?" She asks me and I nod my head a bit.

"Yes, just to my shoulders" I tell her and she smiles. "I should have guessed that. You always liked it that way" She says and we both share a laugh. "She wets my hair and then begins with her normal cutting routine which she uses to cut hair. "So, anything new?" She asks my mom. She always talks with my mom when she's cutting my hair, well besides they are friends and like to gossip.

"Actually there is, I heard that Jason's finally settling down after his playboys days. Some even say he knocked up some girl and now he has to marry her, while I say he loves her" Mom says and there the gossip begins. Talking about people that I don't even recognize or even care about, but then again I've always liked listening to them, mostly because when I was a child I found is fascinating how they could talk so much without getting bored of it.

"In my opinion, he's only going to stay married for so long before his playboy urges start to take over and the poor woman will be broken-hearted. Men like that are not meant to be married" Caitlyn says and somehow her words are true, even when I have no idea who he is.

Then again I've never been one to keep up with the news and other things like social media. I've always been too busy with my goals to worry about such things. "Hey, did you hear about the Locke family?" Caitlyn suddenly asks my mom and I start to listen to that conversation. I've been tuning them out for some time that I had not noticed they changed subjects.

I start to get interested when I hear about the Locke family because I know of Carl Locke and Liam Locke. And I get horrible memories of them as I remember what they did to me. "What about the Locke family?" I ask her and both of them look at me. Now, I feel like they had forgotten all about me but then again I never talk that much when she's doing my hair, I always let them just talk and gossip while I tune them out.

"Well, apparently, they went bankrupt after all their business partners quit on them, I even heard some major company took over theirs and now that family is as good as homeless" She says and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Are we talking about the same family because this feels a lot like we are.

Could he have destroyed them that much? When it comes to that man that I had fallen in love with, there are no limits and he's unpredictable. I know that first hand and I've learned that the hard way which is not the best way to learn it. He also said he'd take care of it but I never even knew what he actually did.

"Anyway, they deserved it. I heard they cheated of some business owner and attempted to take her down" Mom says and our eyes meet and she has a look in her face that tells me everything that I need to know. She knows who they are and what they wanted to do to me and what was done to me.

She nods her head and me and I send a smile to her. "I heard, it's horrible how business can be cruel. I heard you also have your own company, Rose?" She asks. "Yes, but now I'm co-CEO with someone else" I tell her but I don't want to talk about that anymore. That is what I'm doing here, forgetting everything.

Mom has a look on her face that I know what means, she's trying to tell Caitlyn to stop talking about this but she's not getting it. "And who is that?" She asks me. I feel tears sting my eyes but I don't let them fall. "Rosie, here is helping me with planning the gala" Mom says, saving me from answering the question.