Chapter 5: Gulf

One day had passed since that encounter and my bruise still raw. It's not like I can't defend myself. It would have been a chance to use my black belt in ju jitsu. I was just caught off guard. Who the hell would think he can punch like that. It's a good thing I never get to see him again.

Why is the library so hot today? And where the hell is Jag? Out of nowhere....

"Shit man, what happened to your face? You look like someone did you good." Jag said.

I looked up in time to see him hiding his laugh. I bet he was one of my friends who wants my face bruised for a change. There is a reason why they call me Helen— a face that launched a thousand ships.

"I need to get a shot of you." Just then I hear his phone click.

"What the fuck man?!" I said.

"Oh come on, this never happens. I need it for research. I'll search the man who did this to you. Haha."

I gave him the finger and proceeded with my assignment.

"By the way, where are you on our assignment? I can't understand some of it." He quickly added.

"You must be forgetting I'm as dumb in Philosophy as mush as I am the best in Calculus. Better if you can find someone here who has the answers and share it with me. You have 30 minutes more to find our angel." I said.

"Bossy! I don't even know why we're friends?" He complains.

"Should I remind you?" Just like that, he'd gone looking for answers.

Not 15 minutes later, he's back, with a big smile on his face. "Mrs Pregnant Professor just gave birth this morning."

I almost spit out the water I was drinking. Thank God for answered prayers. I really wish her a safe delivery with extended leaves or just 4 month leave to be exact. Yes, that should be good. Good for the baby.  "Does that mean i'm closing this book now?" I wanted to make sure.

"Not just yet, there is a substitute teacher taking her place." He said.

"Oh. This sucks. But yeah. I can work with that." I'll just charm my way in to pass.