Chapter 45: Gulf

When a dam opens, the water pressure spurts out depending on the force it is subjected to over the amount of area it's allowed to open.

My heart is a dam, a closed one. For three years, it was in a tight lid. But because Mew is Mew he barged in like the motherfucker he is. I allowed a very small opening because no matter how tight I try to seal it, outside factors such as my mother and the death of my father needed it, and yeah, my dick too. Now my heart has opened and I am trembling in the amount of pressure I am trying to contain.

Looking at his speechless face now as he tries to absorb all the things I said just proves how insurmountable our issues are.

I see the empty paint can I hurled to the wall in the corner now dented because of how much pressure I put into it. This kind of anger is something I wanted to avoid. This simple life provided me with the peace I needed. I don't want to go back to the place nor the people who don't give regard to the efforts I made to please them.

"Go back to the city Mew. You don't belong here." I walked past him to go back to the house. He hugged me from the back.

"I belong with you Gulf."

"But I don't belong with you." I disentangled from his embrace, went to the house directly to my bedroom and locked the door.

I woke up when the sun was up the next morning from the smell of bacon. I forgot to eat last night. I came out shocked to see Mew and Jag in the kitchen laughing and eating breakfast. What's this? A reunion?

"You're up Gulf, join us." That's my ever unloyal friend Jag who apparently has a soft heart for Mew.

I just looked at them then I went to the bathroom for my morning ritual. I saw myself in the mirror, something has changed. I felt lighter and I can breathe better. At least the confrontation helped. I went out going directly to the garage. I inspected the Benz to check if it's ready to be returned to the owner.

"Gulf." I turned around and looked at him. "I'm going back to the city this afternoon. Before I go though, I want to discuss my sister's testimony with you. I want to share my thoughts that can help us with our investigation."

"Okay. I'll be ready by ten. I just need to wait for the owner of this baby."

He looked at me longingly. "Okay. I'll just check the country and will be back by ten."

I turned my back and continued to tinker the Benz.

----------------------------

I was ready by ten. I cleared the table and put some papers and pens in case we need it. Thirteen years now and this is the first time I'll be able to hear what really happened. Since I already released all my pent up anger to Mew and in fact have satisfied my dick, I can focus.

The door chimed and Mew came in wearing a pink shirt with strawberries in it. "Looks good right? Bought this from a street vendor just by the beachfront."

I sighed. What are you trying to do now Mew? You and your tricks. "We can work here in the kitchen when you're ready."

He went to get the box of evidences, placed it on the table then gave me the police report. "Let's browse through this first."

The report is giving me a headache, "Have you read this already?"

"Yes."