Chapter 38: Mew

I can't get out fast enough. My uncle wants me to meet everyone. It took me 20 minutes to bid everyone goodbye. I had my car readied by a valet so it's faster to go to Gulf's.

It's a good thing I have access to his place. "Gulf?"

"Gulf?" I called his phone for the nth time. I hear it ring in the bed. He left it. "Where are you Gulf?"

I called coach.

"Mew. You called."

"Is Gulf with you?"

"No, we've been looking for him. We're booked in your hotel. Thanks to you uncle by the way."

"Hey listen, if he comes back or calls you, please call me right away. I don't care what time you call, just call."

"Ummm. Sure Mew."

I went next to his dorm, maybe he's there and just wants to be alone. Upon arriving, there was no indication that he went here though.  I looked at his things, searching for any clues on where he went.

Gulf, where are you? I'll follow you wherever you are. You can't leave me. We're not done.

I stayed at his place until Monday, surely he'll be here by then. He still needs to graduate.

By Monday afternoon, I visited the school to check his status, if there are exams he still needs to take. I found out from my secretary that all exams for graduating students happened last week and they're now just waiting for the graduation ceremony.

I stayed at my office reading his file, records, past exams, essays, anything that can tell me where he went.

Knock. Knock.

I looked up, it's Jag. I almost forgot about Jag.

"Hi, Professor."

"Thank God you're here Jag, where's Gulf?" I stood up from where I'm sitting and towered over him.

"He didn't say Professor."

"So you saw him."

"I did. But he didn't tell me where he'll go."

"Please Jag, any place he had mentioned before. Or you're his friend, where do you think he'll go?"

"I have no idea Professor, and even if I have, I don't think that's where he is right now."

"I'm sorry Jag, I didn't mean to pressure you."

"Ummm. I came here just to give you this. He said to give this to you or leave it in your office."

I stared at the package. It's wrapped in an old newspaper. "Thank you Jag."

I got the package and stared at it. Put it in the table and started to unwrap it. I see the corner of the frame and immediately knew it's the sketch from his bathroom. I left it there without opening. I don't think I'll ever be able to.

I feel my knees buckling, like it can't carry my weight. I feel myself falling into the pit, a dark pit....So this is heartbreak.....

————————————————————-
End of Part I
————————————————————-

"You will always be fond of me.
I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."
-Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray

"-Oscar Wilde, The Picture of Dorian Gray