Chapter 1

<Jason Lupin POV>

"14..." He said, starting to fall asleep.

14?!

The police officer came back to the car, and looked at me holding the boy.

"What's his name?" He asked

"I don't know sir. All I know, well now I know, is that he's 14." I said it still felt believable that he was 14.

A 14 year old going through something like that.

"Ok well I'm going to take you to the hospital to get the kid checked up he seems, to be in a...place in life." He said before starting the car.

I held the boy tightly in my arms. He seemed to have calmed down and was in a simple state of mind.

When we got to the hospital I gently shook him awake.

"Hey kid...wake up."

"Hm?" He questioned picking his head off of my chest and looking around.

"Come on." I said stepping out of the car

He came to the door but stopped when he was almost out. Staring at the floor, the outside.

"Weston says that I'm not allowed outside." He says as he slowly goes back into the car

"Yes, but he's not here. It's just me." I said crouching down to look at him from the door.

"But what if he comes? He always comes back for me and once he knows what I did he'll punish me." He said tears started to form in his eyes.

"No. No. I promise you he'll not come for you. Ok? I'll take care of it. Please come out, I just want to make sure you're physically ok." I pleaded.

Slowly he came back out, but before he could come completely out he held his arms out. He closed his hands, and opened it again. Signifying he wanted to be carried.

"You want me to carry you?" I asked and watched him nod, so I picked him up and carried him to the hospital doors.

What worried me was how light he was, and how he was holding on to me.

His arms were tight around my neck, not to where I couldn't breath though. I was holding him up under his legs and his legs were tight around my stomach area.

Like he was afraid I would drop him. That reaction was a normal one, but how tightly he was holding was one that told me people who carried him dropped him often.

I got a clipboard and we sat down. As soon as I sat in the seat he got off me and sat on the floor.

"Why are you sitting on the floor?" I asked bending down to his level

"Weston says I'm not allowed to sit on chairs. He says 'Sluts aren't people. People sit. Sluts don't.'" He said playing with his shirt.

So I got out of my chair and sat on the floor with him. "What are you doing?" He asked

"You're also a person. If you sit on the floor then so do I." I said staring at him.

"What's your name?" I asked

"Slut." He said plainly, "What's yours?"

"Your name isn't 'Slut' I know it isn't. Do you remember what other people called you?" I worried about him even more.

"I haven't met very many people...but I do remember 1 name. Mama used to say it...I think it was...Charlie?" He said looking at me.

"Charlie...what about a last name?" I was excited to see that he was kinda opening up.