Chapter 8

<Jacob ??? POV>

"I want you to write down your feelings in this." Mrs. Grace told me to place a notebook in front of me.

"You," I pointed to her, "want me," I pointed to myself, "to write my feelings, in this?" I asked, pointing to the notebook.

"Yes it may help you control your anger." She said.

"Sure, how about I just say my feelings? Isn't that better?" I said slowly like I was explaining to an idiot.

"Don't take that tone with me Mr." She said pointing to me.

A knock came from the door, and in came Wendy, "Sorry Mrs. Grace, but dinner is almost ready and I didn't want Jacob to not get anything good." Wendy told Mrs. Grace

"Alright, off you go." Mrs. Grace said, dismissing us.

So close to leaving without the notebook, "Jacob." Mrs. Grace said to me before I got to leave out the door

"Yes?" I asked sarcastically nicely.

"Your notebook." She told me without looking up from the papers she was reading.

"Of course, how could I have forgotten?" I said sarcastically, picking up the book and walking out to where Wendy was.

"What's for dinner today?" I asked, shoving my hands in the pockets of my jeans.

"I don't know today." She said pushing open the doors to the cafeteria.

"Go get pudding." Wendy said, patting my back.

It's been about 2 months since Charlie came back from the testimony thingy. Everyday I've been trying to give him a pudding cup, but he never takes it.

After getting rejected by Charlie not taking the pudding, Ms. Kiley usually gets it from me to give to him.

Lunch went on and, surprise surprise, Charlie didn't take the pudding. It was ok though, I was going to keep trying until he took it from me.

Right now I'm in the game room of the hospital. It wasn't much, a few beanbags, blankets, pillows. What was cool about the room was the T.V. if you brought in a game, which went though Mrs. Grace, you could play it!

There was a Xbox1 and a PS4, so both could play. So far only a few games have passed the test of getting through Mrs. Grace. Everyone who is interested in video games has already completed them 5+ times.

The walls were painted a sky blue, with clouds. Along with fairy lights around the room, to give it a warm yellow color if you wanted.

They did let us have separate accounts at least.

Any-who, I'm sitting in one of the bean bags, fairy lights on since it was calming to me, and holding the notebook. The pen I was going to use was in my mouth as I chewed on the end, bored.

"Oh there you are!" Ms. Kiley said, making me look up.

"Oh sorry. Is it time for bed?" I asked

"No, not yet. In about 30 minutes though." She said coming to sit in the beanbag next to me

"Whatcha doing?" She asked me

"Mrs. Grace gave me this notebook to write my feelings in. It's bullcrap." I told her

"Ok, well why don't you write something you want let out?" Ms. Kiley suggested

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Like...are you holding something back? Something you want to get off your chest? I don't know. Anything you don't want to carry anymore?" She said like she was going down a list