Chapter 14

<Charlie Hutson POV>

The door opened and mom stepped in.

"Hi Charlie, come on. You're getting out of the rehab room." She said holding out her hand

I grabbed it and stood up. She walked me all the way back to my actual room.

Carefully I opened and stepped into my room.

Everything was like normal. Nothing was moved, nothing out of place.

"Lunch will be soon, you don't have to go. I think you'll want food though." Mom said she was worried about me.

"Alright. Thank you mom." I said laying down on the made bed.

As she was about to walk out, "Wait mom?" I asked sitting up.

She came back in, "Yes?"

"What about Dean?" I asked

"Sweetie, he's going to be there for a while. Unless he gets out on good behavior." She responded

"Can I see him?" I asked, starting to get excited

Mom put her lips tightly together, "I don't know sweetie. He's not really...stable." She said cautious of her words.

"Stable?" I asked confused

"It means, he's not in the right state of mind." She explained

"Oh..so when can I see him?" I asked

"Maybe in a week sweetie." She said patting my head

I went back to laying down as she left.

Thinking about if I should go to the cafeteria for lunch. Wondering what people will think about, if they even heard about what I did.

Deciding to not go to lunch, I want back to the game room.

Stepping in, I felt the room haunt me.

Like it was taunting about what I did.

Still, I choked back the intimidation I felt for the room and walked in fully.

The room was changed. Same blue walls, different bean bags and side tables. I turned on the fairy lights to give it a warm glow.

Carefully I picked up the PS4 controller and started up Slime Rancher.

Starting out slowly, turned into me ignoring the room around me. It was like the game held out a hand and pulled me in.

When I did snap out of it, it seemed to be in the worst way.

The real lights flicked on and it stung. I had to drop the controller and rub my eyes.

Turning around to see who turned on the lights. Jacob, Wendy and a few others were staring at me.

"Turn the lights off." I whined and rubbed my eyes again.

"What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be in a rehab room?" Wendy asked

"They let me out for good behavior." I said getting used to the light.

Looking at them they just looked at me, "What?" I asked

"It's just that we haven't seen you in a while, they didn't say you'd be back today." Wendy said stepping closer.

"Well here I am." I said pointing to myself