Chapter 16

<Charlie Hutson POV>

"Oh alright. Well I'll see you soon." I said, going out of my room.

Walking to the cafeteria was weird.

Like my body knew something was wrong, and that today was going to be weird.

Entering the cafeteria I sat in my corner waiting for Dean.

It was a few minutes until I got worried about him so I walked over to the cafeteria doors and saw him and Jacob arguing? I think.

"Dean!" I yelled holding open the doors, "Oh sorry. Are you guys still talking?"

Dean shook his head, "No," Dean looked at Jacob, "We're not."

Smiling, I grabbed Dean's hand and brought him to the corner table. Where Dean looked sad, crossed his arms, put them on the table and put his head in them.

"Dean?" I asked, gently nudging him.

He started to shake a bit so I rested my head in his shoulder to try to comfort him.

I noticed Jacob slowly making his way over to us, "Oh hi Jacob."

Dean looked up and it shows that he had been crying. He still stared down Jacob.

"Charlie, can I talk to you?" Jacob asked

Dean then wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to sit in his lap. Resting his head on my shoulder.

"I don't think Dean would like that. What did you want to talk about?" I asked, noticing how protective Dean was right now.

"I was wondering if you..." He paused for a second, "Want to have a few games of Slime Rancher next Wednesday?" He asked

...Sorry Jacob. I already have plans that day.

"Next Wednesday...? I think I'm busy next Wednesday." I said, looking down at the table.

"Doing what?" He asked, crossing his arms

"I have a therapy session that day. Mr. Donner. It would be the end of the month session so it's very important. Can't miss it. Maybe Thursday, I'm free everyday after Wednesday." I said to him.

What I said was cruel. 'I'm free everyday after Wednesday'? Signing my own grave.

"He knows, I told him. I'm sorry." Dean whispered to me, causing me to notice why he asked if I was free next Wednesday.

At that moment so many emotions flooded me.

Anger: Since Jacob wanted to stop me
Guilty: That they're worrying over me
Sad: Cause I was so close to getting away
Happy: My end was almost near

"I'll be right back." I said getting off Dean's lap.

Quickly I tried to remember the way to the rooftop.

I guess my grave signing was a bit earlier than I thought.

Getting lost I started to freak out, but tried to stay calm.

Looking down the hallway that I remembered I saw Felix!

Remember Felix? The guy who watched over me in the rehab room.

"Felix!" I said running to him

"Charlie? What are you doing here?" He asked

"Just wandering around. Got lost...how do I get back to my section?" I asked, playing nice