Chapter 10

<Jacob Fort POV>

Ms. Kiley came through the door, seeing Charlie and I still holding on to each other.

Slowly she came to face me, and stroked Charlie's hair.

When she looked at me she said, "Is it him? The person you like?"

I nodded, feeling my face go red again and holding him tighter.

She smiled at Charlie, "You could make him happy..." She said to herself more than me.

"He has a lot going on. I don't want to add to it." I answered.

Ms. Kiley stood up and was about to walk out, "Make sure he gets something to eat if I don't come get him." Before leaving

I don't know how long I was staring at Charlie, but it was long enough for him to wake up.

His eyes slowly opened and faced me. Smiling widely, he stayed in my embrace. Just admiring me.

He laughed a bit, "You're pretty."

All I could do was smile, my heart was racing. He kissed me again, small, but still again.

When he pulled back he just kept smiling, "Thank you for staying."

"You're welcome..." I replied, "Why do you keep kissing me?"

"That's how mom says thank you to Jason, I've told you already." He responded, still admiring me.

"I know, but, friends don't usually do that." I explained. My heart was already set on him, but he doesn't know what he's doing to me.

He thought for a second, "Why does mom do it to Jason then?"

I laughed this time, "Because they like each other." Still holding him.

"I like you." He said happily.

"I like you too, but not in the same way they do..." I said thinking about how he doesn't understand.

"What's different about them to us?" He asked

"They feel a connection between them that they don't feel with others." I explained

"Well...you make me a certain kind of happy unlike the others." He said

He was trying. I could tell.

"It's not the same..." I whispered, feeling sad that Charlie isn't getting it.

"Well I don't kiss anyone else." He pointed out.

"Well then we're friends with benefits." I said

"Is that what mom and Jason have?" He asked

"No, Ms. Kiley and Jason love each other. We're just friends." I said to him.

"I love you!" He said playfully.

Playfully laughing, "I love you too...it's still not the same." I said, god my heart can't take this torture.

I think I actually did love him. He's everything I could ever want and more. Who wouldn't want him?

"I want what mom and Jason have." He said

"One day you'll find someone. They'll make you happy, your heart will race for them, make you blush. They will be everything you want." I said, almost like a promise.

Really, I did want the best for him. He didn't deserve to be in a place like this, he should be out in the world with a happy family.

"You do all those things for me though." He responded by taking me off guard.