Chapter 7

<Charlie Hutson POV>

"Charlie?" I heard, but it was muffled because of my headphones.

Opening my eyes, I saw mom at the end of my bed and slowly I took off my headphones.

"Hi mom." I said plainly, dinner wasn't for 3 more hours so why was she here early?

It has been about 2 months since I've been here, so I know my way around. Even better having your mom work here.

"Sweetie today you have to give your testimony. You remember your brother?" She asked me.

"Oh." Is all I said, I didn't really know what a 'testimony' was really.

"You ready?" She asked, "Jason and Marley are at the entrance waiting for us.

I nodded and held her hand as we walked out.

"Bye Charlie!" Someone said, making me turn around.

It was Wendy, along with Jacob and the other kid he hangs around.

Jacob waved slightly while the other kid did nothing.

"Bye Wendy." I said putting my headphones back on and walking out of the building.

Being outside felt weird, I haven't been out in a while. Jason and Marley did visit at least like they said.

"Hi Charlie!" Marley said hugging me tightly.

"Hi Marley." I said hugging back and getting in the car.

"Oh mom? What's a testimony?" I asked, slipping off the headphones for a second.

She looked at Jason for a second, "Jason you want to explain?"

I was seated in the middle of mom and Jason while Marley drove.

"Marley?" Jason asked, avoiding the question.

Marley though for a second, "It's like saying what you saw or heard so that people know what's going on." He explained trying to make sense.

"Oh so what do I have to do?" I asked

Again they all went quiet.

"Well, do you remember all the things Weston did to you?" Jason asked cautiously

It hit me all at once, one minute I'm in a car, next I'm in the horror house, then I was screaming near the car.

Mom was holding me the entire time trying to get me to calm down. Nothing was working.

The people around us started, I felt their stares but when I looked I was in the house.

Mom carried me into the courthouse, but I was still screaming.

"Charlie, Charlie. Look at me." She said sitting me down on the bench, holding me still, and crouching to look at me.

I shook my head back and forth now just crying. "No...no, mom please don't make me..." I cried to her

"Ok, ok. Sweetie you don't have to. We just think that it's better for you to do it." She said, Jason and Marley nowhere in sight.

"I can't mom...I'm sorry..." I cried more.

"Do you want me to go with you? Will that help?" She asked me making me nod and hug her tightly

"Kiley." Someone said, making her turn with me still clinging to her.