Chapter 6

<Charlie Hutson POV>

"..lie, Charlie, sweetie wake up." I heard as someone gently shook me.

"Wendy, Wendy wake up." I heard again, but to someone named 'Wendy'

"Oh hi Ms. Kiley." Someone else said, sounding tired.

Mom?

Slowly I opened my eyes and saw mom, standing above me. "Hi mom."

"Mom?" Someone asked, I looked to my side to see Wendy, oh yeah, that's who Wendy is.

"She's my mom." I said slowly sliding down on the side other side of the bed away from mom.

"Ms. Kiley you never told me you have a son!" Wendy said now full of energy.

"He's not really my son Wendy, he just calls me his mom since I'm the closest to one to him." Mom said coming to my side and helping me up.

"Mom where are we going?" I asked as we walked out of my room, I guess, and held mom's hand.

"I told you, I would get you when it's dinner time." She said as we walked through the hall, to the cafeteria.

When we were leaving I had picked up the headphones and iPod to play when things got boring for me.

We got to the cafeteria and mom tried to get me to eat food, but all I wanted was the pudding cup.

So she left me and Wendy to eat, I chose a corner table that no one was at, while Wendy went to a small group of people for a bit.

Putting the headphones on I turned on the music and gently nodded to the rhythm. I heard a soft thud next to me, but when I looked up all I saw was Jacob.

Slowly I took off my headphones and looked at him, he looked back, but didn't say anything as he ate.

So I didn't bother him and finished my pudding cup.

When I finished it, I left the plastic spoon in the plastic cup, and sat there, eyes clowned, just listening to my music.

Opening my eyes after a bit, I noticed my empty pudding cup was gone, and Jacob was throwing his tray away.

We made eye contact before he left the cafeteria.

"Wonder what's up with him." Wendy said, startling me.

"Sorry. I thought you saw me. Any-who, he'll usually blow up if someone sits near him." She said looking at me.

I shrugged and put the headphones back on.

Wendy sighed before crossing her arms, setting them on the table, and resting her head in them.

Even though we had a nap not even an hour ago we were both tired.

A bit after we both ended up falling asleep in the cafeteria again. Mom found us after a while and took us to go to bed.

I had gotten hungry again though, so I begged her for another pudding cup. She eventually gave in and ran off to get me one.

"What are you doing up?" Someone asked, turning around it was Jacob who had his arms crossed

"I could ask you the same thing." I said back.

He shrugged and stepped towards me. "Got bored."

"Charlie. I got one." Mom said, still in the kitchen.