Chapter 5

<Charlie Hutson POV>

"Come on Charlie." Jason said, holding the suitcase from a few days ago.

I went to him, "Where are we going?" I asked

"The safe place." He said smiling, but he looked sad.

"Oh ok! Is Marley coming?" I asked

Marley peeked his head out from down the hallway and looked at us, "Yes give me a second."

Before I knew it, we were in car driving. Marley was sitting next to me, holding my hand, while Jason drove.

Soon we parked in front of a large building. The windows looked weird.

We stepped in and saw Kiley at the front table. She looked up with a smile, but it quickly turned into a frown.

I wasn't listening as Jason, Marley, and Kiley talked back and forth.

Cautiously she came out from behind the front counter and went down the halls, only coming back with someone else.

It was a girl, blond, wearing a pink knitted sweater, and a white skirt that went below her knees. She looked around my age

"Hi! I'm Wendy." She said enthusiastically

I didn't respond, only go closer to Marley.

"Charlie this is Wendy. Wendy, this is Charlie." Kiley said to us.

Still, I didn't say anything to 'Wendy'

"Does he not talk?" Wendy asked turning to Kiley

"He does, he's just shy." Kiley told Wendy.

"What does he have?" Wendy asked

"Wendy, don't ask like that. Say 'What were they diagnosed with?' Charlie here," She Kiley looked at me, "Has Schizophrenia."

"Sch-izoph-ren-ia." Wendy said pronouncing it wrong.

"Yes, Charlie can you come here?" Kiley asked gesturing for me to come over.

Slowly I did, took her hand, and we walked down the hallway.

"Why isn't Jason or Marley coming?" I asked

"They don't need to be in a safe space." She told me

We walked until we reached a hall, 'B' it was named. Kiley went through the hall and I kept on following, until we reached a room.

"Ok," She bent down to my level, "You're going to be living here for a bit." She told me.

"What?" I asked, confused at her statement.

"Sweetie," She took my hands in hers, "A safe place, is a place for people who need psychiatric help." She told me

"What does that mean?" I asked, getting scared.

"It's when something in your head isn't working right, and professionals help you so that it's working better." She explain softly

"I'm broken?" I asked with tears in my eyes.

"No, no." She pulled me into a hug, "Not at all, but something from your past is holding you back from your full potential." She said, still holding me.

"I want to go home." I started to cry.

"I know, sweetie. Trust me I don't think anyone should be here, but they said they have to." She told me to pull away from the hug so I can see that she's crying.