Icarus

Kind hazel eyes gaze into mine
And offer their time
Let's lie together and just be

Alex somehow persuades Eden to stay even longer than she planned to. Eden wasn't really that hard to sway. If you were holding a gun to her head, she'd be willing to admit that she'd cut an arm off for Alex, without hesitation. And, if you were pointing a knife at her heart she'd tell you to push it in because that's what it felt like to love Alex, and she'd do it over and over again.

As she thinks more and more about it she realizes she's doing the same thing Alex had three years prior. Keeping her emotions for the other woman under wraps, to herself, safe. And that was the very thing she hated. She's not afraid to admit to she's a hypocrite, however. 

She'd hate to play trial and error with her heart, but then, Alex smiles and she's not quite sure why she's so hesitant anymore. The constant whiplash she gives herself has become routine, but she thinks, no, she knows, she's ready for it to end. Because what is love, if not sacrifice, and if that sacrificial lamb is her heart then so be it. She'll just buy a new one off eBay if this goes south like the first time. Though, somehow, she doesn't think it will.

And just like that, she's not so scared anymore.

"What are you thinking so hard about?" Alex smiles softly. Eden turns to her from her place on the bed. She looks deeply into Alex's eyes, almost as if she's seeing her for the first time ever. There are many things that swim in the grey of Alex's eyes, but one thing stands out in particular. Eden struggles to catch her breath.

"Us."

Alex's eyebrow raises in question, "Uh oh. My heart rate always spikes when you do that."

Eden pauses for a split second before surging forward. Her lips landing on Alex's causes the forward to squeak lightly in surprise. 

"You can do that literally whenever you want, but please next time, at least give me some kind of warning."

"I'm sorry for making you wait." Eden rushes out quickly.

"What? You haven't been making me wait. You haven't made me do anything. I want this Eden. I want you."

"I'm going to kiss you again now."

"I didn't me-"

Alex's sentence is cut off. The kiss is just as urgent as the first, but there's a sincerity, a passion, that has Alex leaning in for more. Eden releases a tiny moan, as Alex's hand traces down her side. Ashlyn told her not to "fuck" Eden unless she wanted her to, but somehow this doesn't feel like "fucking" and if the insistent tugging Eden is doing Alex's tank top is anything to go by, she definitely wants her to. So, fuck Ashlyn. 

Alex breifly wonders what kind of sex she had been having up until this point. It all seemed lackluster in comparison.

Because this, this was passionate yet rough, and slow, and hot and cold and every other oxymoron she could think of.

Being with Eden, in this way, made Alex feel just that much more whole.

☆☆☆☆

"What's got you so happy?" Kelley eyes her bestfriend suspiciously. Smiling was a clear indication that the forward was up to something, of course, she was only ever up to something when Kelley was up to it with her, but the point still stood.

"I can't just be happy?" Alex asked with a partial frown. Kelley was being loud, and it wasn't something she had really talked about Eden. Whether they were dating dating. Whether they should tell people.

"What's this about baby horse being happy?" Pinoe comes traipsing over to the two, she's accidentally on purpose followed by Tobin and Christen.

"I thought we were done with that nickname." Alex pouted.