Unconditionally-Epilogue

Walk through this storm I would
I'd do it all because I love you, I love you

"Marry me." It wasn't a question, and they both knew that. But, much like she often did, Eden, ignored that and answered anyway.

"Haha. You're like so funny." Eden swayed on her feet. Alex would have attempted to steady her if she wasn't just as unbalanced.

"I'm being serious." Her words slurred together, but that didn't stop the conviction from pouring into her words.

"I know. That's why it's funny. We're in the middle of a club in Las Vegas drunk off our asses and you just asked me to marry you. That's fucking hilarious." Eden sucked in a breathe of stale club air with a grimace.

"So?" Eden still hadn't answered her and Alex was starting to get impatient. And a bit nauseous.

"No, Alex. I love you, and I do want to marry you, but I'm not saying yes to you in a dingy club while my blood is definitely 25% alcohol. Besides it's Kelley's bachelorette party, she'd murder us if she found out we got engaged on her night." Of course, it didn't sound that coherent, but the point was communicated well enough.

So, Alex drops it. Eden had completely forgotten about it and she had assumed Alex did too. Assumed being the operative word.

☆☆☆☆

2 months later

"I want to propose to Eden, but I have no idea how." Alex stared at the green grass in front of her, her hands on her hips.

Kelley kicks a ball that narrowly misses Alex's head, and she doesn't even notice.

"Sure you do. You know what she doesn't like, so just don't do that." Kelley surmised. Ali nodded along from her place on the pitch.

Alex frowned, "Thank you. That helps so much."

Kelley pouted at the obvious sarcasm.

"I mean, like give me ideas. Do I just take her out to a nice restaurant and put it in her chocolate cake, or do I hire a flash mob?" Alex pursed her lips and placed her index finger to her cheek.

"She would hate both of those ideas."

"I don't think she would. As long you're not drunk, I'm sure she'll say yes." Ali smiled.

Alex nodded subtly, "I already have a ring. I got it in France."

"That was two years ago, Alex." Kelley's eyes widen. She's more surprised Alex managed to keep a secret that long.

"Yeah, I take it everywhere with me just in case. It's been burning a whole in my pocket."

"Do you have it with you now? Can we see it?" Kelley practically jumped up and down, almost slipping on the ball now back at her feet.

"Yeah, it's in my bag. It probably won't beat that meteor Hope got you." Alex and Ali laughed at the blush on Kelley's face.

"Hope has a concerningly large amount of money." Kelley mumbled while admiring her engagement and wedding rings, "I think she gets bored and just goes all out simply because she can sometimes."

"I'm not even sure how you can lift your hand above your head. It's bigger than Julie's."

"It can be seen from space."

"One time Emily looked directly at it and it burned her retina."

"I heard-"

"Okay! I get it! You're all just jealous because my wife loves me and knows I like shiny things."