Chapter 7: Catch the Snitch

Percy POV:

"Dude, don't you think we should go and take our interview, instead of this?" Thalia asked. I gave her a winning smirk. 

"Come on, Thals, we have all week to do that! This is our first day here," I reasoned. "Besides, Jason and Annabeth get to have a tour of the entire place - why can't we?"

"Because we're not Head Boy and Head Gi-"

"Don't you at least want to see the Quidditch pitch?" I asked, knowing it would grab her attention. "We could play a bit, you know. I heard this pitch it ten times bigger than ours."

Thalia didn't argue after that. We head towards the castle, breathing in the fresh British air. 

"Can you believe how big this place is?" Thalia asked. She was looking back at the castle, which towered over us. "Like, it makes Goode look like a toilet."

"Yeah, and we get to spend the whole year here," I smiled. 

"Why are you smiling? I've never seen you smile about school before. It's weird."

"I'm not looking forwards to the learning part," I rolled my eyes at her. "It's just everything else. The grounds here are sick, the food was pretty good last night, the squid in their lake was pretty friendly and I can't wait for the tournament!"

"Yeah, the food was pretty good, although they seem to put ketchu- wait did you say you met the giant squid?"

"Yeah, I met it last night after dinner. Wanted to go for a swim. Nobody told me there'd be merpeople, though, and that was a surprise..."

"Percy! You're not supposed to be creeping out like that at night! We're guests at this school, we've got to be respectful."

I laughed. "Someone sounds jealous."

"I am not... okay, yes, I am. Next time can you promise to invite me along as well? I wanted to see the squid!"

We spent the whole morning together, wandering around the school and chatting. It took us way longer than expected to get around everywhere - especially because of the moving staircases and the unhelpful ghosts that kept on sending us in circles. Finally, having had enough of the castle, we made our way outside. We passed a small hut with giant pumpkins growing outside on the way to the forbidden forest. 

"I've heard that's where the half-giant lives," Thalia nodded towards the hut, which appeared empty for now. "I've also heard that he teaches Care of Magical Creatures, so we'll get to see him soon."

"Where is he now? It doesn't look like anyone's home."

"I'm pretty sure he's with Leo and Calypso - apparently the guy has an obsession with dragons."

We eventually found the Quidditch pitch, which was admittedly quite easy to find due to the fact that it was massive. When we saw it, we ran excitedly, not stopping until we had reached the door to the entrance. 

Thalia didn't hesitate when she realised the door was locked - instead she just got out her wand. 

"Alohamora," she whispered. 

"We could get caught," I pointed out. She shrugged - Thalia didn't care about breaking the rules as long as she was having fun. In this way she was the polar-opposite to her brother. 

When we entered the stadium, we quickly found the supplies cupboard. We broke into that too and took out two brooms and a snitch. 

"Thalia, I don't think you stand a chance against me," I challenged as we prepared to take flight.