Chapter 35: The Truth is Revealed

Percy POV:

"Oh, look, it's Jackson," a Ravenclaw student sneered. "A murderer and a loser. Why don't you just fuck off back to America. We don't want you here."

Frank patted my back (which felt like I was repeatedly getting punched by a brick wall) and scowled at the student as she passed by. 

"Don't listen to them, guys," Frank grumbled. 

Someone launched a spoon across the Great Hall and it thudded against Frank's arm. It didn't look like it should have hurt, but Frank howled in pain and flinched away from the spoon. I saw that his skin where the spoon had touched was red and steaming. The spoon was silver. 

"Fuck off, werewolf!" Someone yelled loudly. "We don't want you here, you're dangerous!"

Anger swelled up inside me. No one touched my friends. I stood up quickly, searching for whoever had thrown it. 

"Hey!" I cried. "Who did that? You could have killed him!"

"Good!" Someone else yelled back, and the students in the Hall laughed. 

I growled angry, fists clenching at my side. The water glasses on the table began to shake. 

"Percy it's fine," Frank tried to mutter, holding onto his arm. 

"No, Frank, it's not," Jason grimaced, standing up to. A large dollop of oatmeal splatted against his shoulder - the Hall erupted in laughter again. "I told you we shouldn't have come here," Jason whispered under his breath. 

"If any of you have a problem with my friends why don't you show yourself and face me," I announced loudly, ignoring Frank's insistence to be quiet. 

"Is that a threat, murderer?" A Slytherin student asked. 

I felt a hand rest against my shoulder. I turned quickly, shoving the hand off me as I reached for my wand. I looked up, realizing I was face-to-face with Professor Lupin. 

"P-Professor," I gulped, dropping my hands to my side. He looked at me sternly. 

"Seamus Finnigan," He said suddenly. "You've just earned yourself a years detention for throwing that spoon - I thought I had taught you better than that. You'll also be receiving minus points for Gryffindor."

"B-But Sir," Seamus stood up angrily. "He's a werewolf... I mean, sorry, he's a bad werewolf. He doesn't deserve to be here-"

"-Enough," Lupin dismissed him. "Twenty points from Gryffindor. Now, go see Filch and tell him you've got a years detention. You too, Gemma Houton."

The Ravenclaw girl that had swore at me stared at the Professor with wide eyes. 

"And whilst we're at it, Imogen Wettley can have five points taken from Hufflepuff for throwing that porridge," Lupin announced. He stopped staring at me and turned to address the entire Hall. Everyone was silent. "Students, Goode are our guests and you should treat them accordingly. What I just witnessed was fowl behaviour-"

"-But," A Slytherin tried to protest.

"-And it will not be tolerated, understand?" Lupin continued, speaking over the protests. He nodded at the silence that followed and then  stared at Frank, Jason and I. "You three, with me, now."

We followed the Professor out of the Great Hall and all the way through the school to his office. 

Frank looked terrified, walking behind Jason and I and standing as close to the open door as possible so that he looked like he might escape at any moment. Lupin stared at him sympathetically.