8

I woke up as soon as he touched my shoulder in the car. I pushed his hands away and held my head up as we got back to his house and I looked around it with new eyes. Wondering where the other women had been when Dante was kissing them, holding them... my stomach rolled and I tried to keep down the very expensive food he bought us.

"Lyla-"

"I don't really wanna talk about anything that was said." I told him, really just wanting to put it all behind me, to forget about it.

"It was more than 10 years ago. I haven't really been here with women in the last 10 years. I haven't-"

"Dante I don't want to hear about what you got to do with other women years ago. You are older than me... and I knew there had to have been many women in your years... but to hear that you had them here, and sent them away when you were done with them... it's revolting." I told him, shaking my head, wondering how many women were upset over what he had done to them.

"Revolting?" Dante asked and I gulped and looked back at him.

"Yes. Revolting. You brough women here, the house with gold, showing off what you have, and have sex with them. Giving gold necklaces, and bracelets, earrings... anything you had, and sending them away to walk down this mountain alone either in the middle of the night or the early morning. You don't think that is revolting?"

"That isn't who I am anymore. I am not that guy-"

"But you were... and you gave away party favors to all your flings." My dragon hummed and made me remember that he had already given my a gold necklace and I picked it up off my body and took it off. "That guy you didn't want me to listen to was probably just trying to warn me... I was already wearing your gold hand-off."

"Lyla-"

"Dante... you are basically treating me like those women, you just won't have sex with me."

"I am not trying to treat you like them."

"Aren't you?" I held out the gold necklace, and he refused to take it so I moved towards the closest table and set it down. Moving quick through the house, passing the incredible kitchen, and going out to look at the view.

I sat down, and I tried to picture my life here, with him. Living in this house where he has taken so many women. I shuddered at the thought of being here another night. I knew there was no way I could leave here and find an affordable place to stay.

"Are you going to stay out here all night?" I looked up and over to see Dante standing in the doorway. He looked really tired, the outside temp hadn't really changed, but there was signs that I had been out here for more than a couple hours.

"I don't know." I told him and moved just a bit and saw the lights in a nearby house flash and then music started playing. I wasn't sure what was happening, but I knew that the giggles, the shouting, the lights... it was a party and they didn't care what time it was for the people next door.

"Come inside Lyla." Dante put his hand out, walking closer to where I had been sitting for a long time and I let him pull me up, and take me inside.

He let me stop us in the kitchen, and I looked at the appliances before going towards the fridge. I opened it and moved to grab a water that had been stocked by someone.

I drank it quickly and went right to the counter and leaned against it as I saw Dante move to stand across from me. "Are we going to talk? Or are you going to continue to be mad with me?"

"Do you understand why I am angry?" I asked him, looking up and staring him down.

"Yes. I get it. I insulted you by bringing you here, where I brought my women before you. Where I had sex, and I let you lay in that bed. I should have made sure you would of never heard any of this, and I should have made sure that you weren't going to be in this house without changing things." He kept going, about how he should have changed beds and couches, and stuff like that.

"You brought me to a house that you had multiple women in and gave me gold just like you did any of them." I told him and he took a breath, closing his eyes and opening them up.

"Yes."

"You let me lay in a bed that you had sex in, with those multiple women." I added and he clenched his jaw before nodding slowly. "And you let me find out about this from a man you don't like, instead of just telling me a bit about your past."

"I was going to tell you, when we were in Montana, and you told me that you didn't care."

"That was because we were in Montana, where there was less of a chance I needed to know. This was a place where you messed around with so many women, and the entire way here you would refuse me. What am I supposed to take away from that? That you would rather have sex with women you don't have a future with-"

"You are mad because I didn't have sex with you?" Dante asked, his voice taking on a lighter tone, like he was going to laugh.

"No. I am angry that you didn't have the courtesy to treat me any different than those women. I don't even want to be in this house-"

"Then tell me. We can leave and go anywhere." He told me, cutting me off and I gulped at the thought. "We can go to Paris, or Rome, or London... we can go anywhere you want." He told me and I bit my lip. "We can go to the hotel, or home... just don't shut me out. Tell me what you want and I will make it happen."

"I don't want to sleep in a bed you had other women in. If you want to take me to somewhere it better not be somewhere you have a place you have taken another woman." I told him, crossing my arms and looking away from him. I felt so insecure. He had so many women, in almost every place he has been. Probably in every home he owns.

"I understand. I will call the plane, and pack what I have taken out of the suitcases. It won't take that long." He told me and he came around the counter, and I watched as he got closer, and his hand went to my hip, his face coming closer to give me a gentle kiss on the forehead.

I stayed in the kitchen, the amazing kitchen that I had been excited to cook in not 8 hours ago, and now I didn't want to be in the same city as this house.

I stayed in the house for the next half hour, waiting for him to get the car here, to get the things in the car, and I followed him out and right into the car. I saw the gold necklace I had placed down wrapped around his wrist and I wondered why he had kept it.

Once we were in the car I watched him stay completely absorbed in what was going on in his phone, and I stayed quiet, feeling like I had made him angry and upset with me because of my feelings.

I stayed quiet the entire car ride, looking out the window, and it wasn't until we were at the plane that he paced outside taking a call. I noticed how upset he was getting, and I sat in the seats rather than getting comfortable in the bed in the back. I took the one side of the plane that had solo chairs and buckled myself in.

I leaned against the side of the plane, almost hoping that when I woke up we would be home, in my tiny little bed, cuddled up and this night never really happened.

I fell asleep sad, and almost lonely waiting for him to get on the plane.