11

Dante took me to the big schools, the ones that offered to teach me everything. I absorbed everything, and I got to make my own food, and when we were done Dante and I had lunch, and then snack, and then dinner before having dessert... all things I got to make and learn from masters.

Dante led me back to the hotel and I was beaming, and happy, and he was smiling just as wide as I was. I saw the way he watched me all day, and after this morning... our lovemaking, our bonding... he was projecting his feelings to me and I couldn't be happier.

We got back to the hotel and while I really wish I knew what he was thinking, he kept his thoughts to himself. I walked to the bathroom to clean up, and that was when I heard him whistling. "Dante?"

"Yes love?" He came closer, he had already opened his button up and I looked up and down his chest before spying my mark on his neck. I hadn't thought about how mine was on full display today and when my eyes darted to my neck in the mirror I saw what it looked like.  His teeth had been so sharp that when he bit me to claim me, it only gave me little holes. "Love?"

"Sorry, got a bit distracted." I told him, I felt my face heat and I bit my lip.

"Distracted by what?" He asked, walking a couple steps closer and I inhaled deep. He still smelled so good, my dragon had been a sated beast after this morning, loving and radiating heat and just pushing me to be as close as I could to him all day.

"My mark on your neck." I smiled softly and he took steps before he was standing right in front of me and I bit my lip thinking about just how amazing everything felt this morning.

"I've had great pleasure seeing my mark on your neck all day, showing it off." He raised his finger, tracing it and making me hot and I bit my lip hard to keep from moaning at the simple touch. "I have another surprise for you."

"What?" I didn't know how he could get me a new surprise.

"Tomorrow... we're going to Italy." He whispered as he ducked his head closer to my mouth and I sighed as he moved closer to kiss me harder. I moaned, not really thinking about what he said and more focused on his body and what he was doing to me with the minimal touches.

"Touch me more." I begged and he took his time, trailing his finger down my body before his lips took mine in a more demanding kiss. I tried to keep up, but his hands had gone to push my bottoms down, and then trailing up to skim my shirt up higher and higher before he pulled away and pulled it off of me fully.

His lips were back on mine and my hands rose to wrap around his neck and pulled him closer to me. I pushed at his button up and he let it fall and then his hands were back on my body and I felt hot, too hot and he hissed as he felt my body heat and I knew what was happening. My dragon was getting ready to mate, she wanted to be his in all ways, even when it came to having his babies.

"My dragon is forcing me into a heat." I pulled away just a bit so I could tell him and he would know what that meant.

"Heat?"

"She is making my body the perfect temperature to reproduce." I told him and he looked over my face and then my body and I moaned as he touched me. I couldn't help it. I was heating up fast, and his touch was going to set me off even if he barely touched me.

"Should we talk about this first?" He looked unsure of what to do, and he kept his hands to himself and I felt pushed to seduce him, to get him to make love to me and fill me up just like this morning, but I knew we did have to talk about this.

"Yes. I need to cool off." I whispered and looked right to the shower. He followed my gaze and moved aside and opened it up for me. I got the rest of my clothes off and stepped out of the bottoms before stepping right into the shower. I only turned on the cold and it took a couple seconds to blast out and I screeched as soon as it did before feeling my body slowly take the temperature down. 

Dante watched me, his eyes glazing over as he watched me get clean. I stepped out, and while my body was cooled off, I was nowhere near cold enough to grab a towel. My entire body seemed to heat up slowly enough to get the water on my legs and chest to dry up quickly.

"Ready to talk?" He asked, and I swallowed hard and shook my head. "What?"

"I need to take more time... and you need to stop looking at me like that." I told him and he laughed and nodded.

"I'll wait outside." He told me and he moved to the door, letting me watch him walk out. I got back in the shower, seeing the steam coming off of me as I cooled down. It took me twenty minutes to cool down again, and when I did, I only walked out in the robe the hotel offered and I kept myself bundled up as I walked towards him. He had covered us as well, making sure that I wouldn't be tempted like before.

"Better." I told him and he smiled at me. "Now... about my heat. It usually happens when we're in the prime of our lives. Kind of like a period. Especially if we haven't found a mate. Us females, will go into heat when we feel like it's time to reproduce. If I was simply dating another dragon, and I was at 30, I would probably start my heat cycles. But since I have found you... my dragon wants to be yours in every way, including mother of your children."

"And that's not what you want right now?" He asked me and I was a bit shaken at the thought. I hadn't really thought that was what he would want.

"I wasn't sure. I wanted to make sure that you were on the same page. That you would want something so close to us finding each other." I told him and he nodded slowly.

"I want kids with you, whenever we want them, however many we want." He told me and I smiled softly.

"That's the other thing... some dragons... most females, we die after a couple children. My mother died along with my sibling. It's a sort of balancing act." I told him and he seemed to not like that fact.

"So if you give me children, we could be cutting your life short?" He asked and I nodded slowly. "Then no."

"No what? Not right now?" I asked and he worked his jaw and looked over my face.

"No children. I am not cutting my time short with you. You're my life now Lyla. Kids would make it more than perfect, but you are my perfect, ideal life source." He told me and I gulped and worried my lip a little before looking away.

"I want children, one day."

"I am going to look into dragon mating and repopulation." He told me and I just nodded slowly and he moved to grab my cheeks, cupping them and making me look at him. "I want everything with you, but I won't put you in danger for anything. Even children."

"You're my mate. I have to compromise with you." I winked at him and he smiled softly, keeping my face in his hands. We some how made it in bed, still all covered up, and he talked to me about the pasta class we were going to do tomorrow, how he had a few things like that set up for me, and how he couldn't' wait to see what I would make him.

I fell asleep listening to him talk about ways he wanted to spoil me and I didn't want to burst his bubble after the talk we just had. I slept with him through the night, feeling my heat return for a while before we were settled and ready to head out to the airplane again.

"We're going to talk more with your father when we get back, but for now... I want to enjoy this pre-honeymoon." Dante told me and I smiled and leaned up to kiss him.

"I love you, even the parts I don't know yet." I told him and he smiled before holding my hand up to his heart.

"I love you. My Lyla." He leaned over, and kissed me deeper, making my legs a little jelly like, but my heart was soaring as high as the moon.