12

We made it home, and I told my father all about our time away. He let me in on the fact that he already knew what Dante had planned, he made short work of saying how he knew I wouldn't come back unmated, and that he only hoped we would get married faster with the complete mating ceremony. Even went to the trouble of booking the church while we were gone and notifying my mothers family.

"So now what? I have to start planning my wedding?" I asked and he laughed and nodded.

"Three weeks from now." He told me and I felt a little panic.

"Three?"

"Yes darling, earliest appointment." He winked at me and stood up before tapping the table. "I have an appointment. Be good, unpack, relax. Dante said he would be back within in an hour." I nodded and stood up, giving his cheek a kiss before going upstairs.

I laid in bed, cracking my neck, working my shoulders. I unpacked, put my new clothes in a basket before going right to the other end of the small suitcase and unrolling the bag dumping the clothes I had been wearing on the trip and made a half basket full before going to lay down. I was tired, I almost got used to the other time zone.

I curled in bed, dreaming about our wedding, thinking about how I would look. I wanted to look beautiful. Dante would be in an expensive suit, his tie would match my ribbons. I would wear a pure white soft dress, a green or gold ribbon to show what kind of man I was marrying, usually if it was another clan we would wear their colors and our colors would be in my hair and veil.

"Going to lay back and dream all day?" I felt his hands on my cheek as he woke me up and I opened my eyes and saw him lounging. "Look at those pretty eyes."

"Where did you go?" I asked as I sat up and rubbed over my face.

"To get you something." I laughed as I shook my head and he raised his hands. They were both empty, but he turned them palm facing his chest, touched his heart, then he pulled them away before there was a box in his hand.

"What is that?" I asked and he smiled and opened it up, the ring was stunning, huge, and yellow. 

"This is your engagement ring. I am having your wedding ring made. I had to give the jeweler I know the design." He told me and he took the ring out, pulling my hand up to his level and he slipped the gold band with the heavy rock down on my finger.

"It's huge Dante." I said and played with it. It was a perfect fit, but easily moved around.

"Shows every human who walks into the inn that you're taken, happy, and with a rich man. We both know men like a woman who can cook." He winked at me and I just got to the point where he was making me laugh and smile constantly.

"Did my father tell you?" I asked knowing that he was just going to the other side of the bed.

"That he booked a church? He told me before we left that he would look into it, and when he got back, he told me 3 weeks was the earliest he could get me." He told me and I paused and looked at him before we were both facing each other and he smiled softly at me. "I asked him to get the earliest, and he wanted to wait a month or two to make sure everything was perfect for you. However... I am rich, you want something, I will get it within three weeks." He told me and tipped my chin up.

"You're going to spoil me rotten, I don't think I mind it right now, but one day it will get annoying or I will want something you need to tell me no." I laughed and moved to get my arms up and around his shoulders.

"I don't care if one day you want a castle and a squire, I will pay for it." He smiled at me and I just laughed and shook my head. "Anything to keep that smile on your face."