Isn't She Lovely - Chapter 46

I waited for Harry  to  follow me down the hallway back to Robby,  I waited for him yell that he picked Robby but the thing about Harry is he does everything on his own time, so  I was waiting for no reason.  Part of me understood  where Harry was coming from he was being asked to choose between a life of fame with his friends that includes living his dream and or being tied down as a father, but the other part of me wanted Harry regardless of what he would have to sacrifice.  Harry was right when he said management just tears us apart because everything was fine till  Simon came in. Sure there were rude twitter posts  to me about me about  being a slut and to Harry about  being a man-whore but everything was fine because at least we had each other.  What do I have now?  I have a headache from staying up all night in this chilly hospital room  making sure Robby is okay.   I also have a hungry stomach and Robby is probably going to wake soon and be hungry. I decided  to quickly and quietly sneak out the room and get breakfast, so when he wakes up I will still be there and won't have to leave him alone. 

 I made my way out of  his room  and down the hospital hallway. I took deep breaths as I walked trying to be brave for Robby--hospitals scared me so much.  I focused on taking my steps to stop my mind from wandering, but it did anyways. Again the hallways seemed so long, my knees felt weak and my stomach churned, it felt like I was back in the one in England  and only fourteen again. Everyone says the pain gets easier but it doesn't you just get use to it.  I am not afraid of hospitals because  I don't like germs or I think doctors are going to kill me, I don't like hospitals because they are solid reminders that I will never see my mum again. My eyes  were watering by the time  I made it to the cafeteria. 

" What can we get you today? I'll get you anything you want," A lady smiled at me I think  she was noticed the sad look on my face and was trying to make me feel better.  What do I want? What do I need? I want my mum, I need her to hug me and tell me that everything is going to be okay and that she is proud of me. I want Harry,  I need him to come running into the room  declaring his love for Robby and I, but  the lady couldn't give me my mum or Harry. 

" I'll just take the kids breakfast and  a coffee"   My voice shaking  a bit. I no longer had an appetite. I didn't want food, I didn't need it what I need is for someone not to leave me. 

" That will be 4.50"  she beamed. 

" I got it" a voice came from behind me handing the lady a five." keep the change"  and with that they grabbed my tray and wrapped an arm around my shoulder. 

" Lou? What are you doing here?"  I asked. I was actually very happy to see him,  but seeing him made me want to break down even more. 

" Harry didn't want you to be alone at the hospital,  and  I  like buying girls breakfasts." he smiled. 

" Thanks, but you should be at home making breakfast for Eleanor"

" She can make breakfast for herself" he joked. " She actually has plans today...but anyways this is about you and Robby and having fun at the hospital."