22

22. Ellise

I hated dances, especially dances filled with drunken teenagers and Rue who had ditched me to go god knows where with Jules, I frowned feeling lonely in a table full of girls I barely talked to- except for Cassie, who seems semi happy, she was a bit quiet but that was okay.

Maddy and Nate were dancing together and his previous date was sobbing loudly. She reminded me of a Victoria Secret model. She frowned before staring at the bag in my hand.

"Y-you must be like rich." Her voice loud and I winced as she continued to sob which was very confusing.

"My parents are." I said shyly watching as the girls around turn to look at me. I look down glancing at my phone. Fez hasn't answered any of my texts but it was normal, he mentioned something about Mouse and said he would be busy all day.

"Do you enjoy dances?" Kat looks at me oddly.

"Not really, you?" My attempt to make conversations is poor and I wish I was more social, but I was stuck being socially awkward.

My phone dings and I glance at it not recognizing the number.

"Hello?" I frown.

"Ellise, I-I need your help, Fez is in trouble please can you- can you meet me?" Ashtrays panicked voice alerts me and I stand up abruptly.

"W-what happened, where are you? Is he okay?"

"At-at the house please hurry." I nod my eyes watering.

"I-I'll be there." I hang up quickly collecting my things before excusing myself and rushing out.

"Is your little boyfriend good?" Nate says standing in front of me and getting in my way.

"How did you-" He smirks widely and I really want to punch him in the face.

"C'mon Ellise he has no future, he's a high school drop o-" I knee him in the balls and run quickly into my car.

I don't have time for his shit and I'll just pay someone to beat him up- I have the money for that, I also have the money to speed and not care if I get stopped.

I have Fezco to worry about and my heart was racing, was he okay? Did something happen to him.

Loud car honks make me snap out of my stupid thoughts and I glance at the apartment complex- his apartment complex.

I rush outside taking off my heels and throwing them in the back seat as quickly as possible and rush to the door opening it.

"What-what happened to him, call 911!" I cry out.

*

"What the fuck happened?" I question Ashtray- who's sitting in the back seat with a barely conscious Fezco. Ashtray insisted we take him to the hospital rather than calling the police and I agreed seeing as Fezco had guns and blood stained money.

"Someone called the cops and we got raided- so we had to pay Mouse back- in order to do that Fezco robbed someone and- and Mouse realized it was blood stained money and he shot Fezco, he said he had one last chance." He could have came to me and I would have helped him but I knew he was prideful and I didn't want to blame him either.

"Where did he rob the guy?"

"Why?"

"Like what city. Check if he's fine."

"It was thirty minutes from here down North." I sighed frowning and speed to the closest hospital in the south- Fezco wincing loudly.

"I'm sorry."

"What are you doing! Hospitals that way!" Ashtray yells at me panicked.

"They may link him to the crime if we go that way! We need to be in a different city, we're ten minutes away- it's okay." My eyes were watery but I had to be strong and here for him I did not have the luxury of breaking down, not yet.

"Ellise there's a cop right there slow down." I did as I was told and wincing realizing my baby was in pain.

I made a sharp turn- Fezco groaning.

"I love you." He muttered, wincing as he did so.

"Shut up." He didn't respond to me and I was glad, I took another turn into the hospital and got down opening the back door for Fez as Ashtray yelled loudly grabbing attention from some Nurses- his eyes red and he was tearing up.

"He'll be okay, I need to park the car, I'll meet you in the waiting room."

I park my car quickly and slip on my heels- glancing at my phone teary eyed, I wanted him to be okay. I love him and I would make everything okay. 

And I would make sure Nate Jacobs would pay for his bullshit ass self.

*

I give Ashtray my black credit card and his eyes widen, "Get whatever you want and just bring me a coffee please." We- well I was currently seated in the hospitals waiting room anxiously waiting for something. I had moved my pointer fingers ring to my ring finger- just in case they wouldn't let me in for not being a family member.

Ashtray soon came back, with my coffee and snacks.

He sat next to me, frowning.

"Thank you." He muttered, his voice groggy and low. I nodded grabbing my card and coffee. He was sad and so was I.

"Fezco? Family of Fezco?"

//

how do you guys feel about this chapter?