Chapter 5

"Macchiato. Espresso. Double Espresso. Cappuccino. Cafe latte. Which one?" Ri Jeong Hyeok asks Se Ri as he stands in the kitchen doorway, tying an apron on his torso. Even in an apron, he looks picture perfect, his pitch black hair covering his forehead, his eyes shining bright in the morning sun.

Se Ri, who still has a toothbrush in her hand yawns as she decides the type of coffee she'd like to have this morning. "Cafe latte."

"Bibim Naengmyeon. Bibim Guksu. Kimchi Guksu. Jajangmyeon. Makguksu. Japchae. What kind of noodles would you have?" Ri Jeong asks again.

"Ri Jeong Hyeok. I'll have Ri Jeong Hyeok." Se Ri winks as she comes nearer Jeong Hyeok and hugs his back.

" Se Ri winks as she comes nearer Jeong Hyeok and hugs his back

"You have those noodles everyday. Aren't you bored of them?" Jeong Hyeok teases.

"Never." Se Ri hugs him even more tightly. "Those are my favourite. But why are you making breakfast today? Where's Martha?" Se Ri looks around. "And where are the ducklings?"

"I'll make you breakfast today. You're not eating properly, Se Ri." Jeong Hyeok turns and faces Se Ri. "I asked Martha to come later because the Company Five has gone trekking. They'll be back only by the evening."

"They're trekking on their own? I wonder what kind of pickle they'll get themselves into. I bet they'll be on front pages of newspapers tomorrow." Se Ri chuckles.

"If something like that happens, you know what you'll have to say to Police in your defence?" Jeong Hyeok gives a lopsided smile.

"Company Five? What's that? Pyo Chi Su? Who's he? I don't know him." Se Ri says dramatically, her gestures following her expressions.

"Perfect." Jeong Hyeok gives a thumbs up before gently patting Se Ri's head. "Now tell me what kind of noodles would you have?"

"Japchae." Se Ri replies kissing Jeong Hyeok's cheek. "And we'll make them together."

***

"Wow. I haven't had so perfectly cooked noodles in a long time. They were so delicious." Se Ri speaks as she takes the last bite of japchae.

"Here. Have some of mine." Jeong Hyeok takes a mouthful of japchae from his bowl and puts it in Se Ri's mouth.

" Jeong Hyeok takes a mouthful of japchae from his bowl and puts it in Se Ri's mouth