Epilogue

Five months later

"Se Ri-ya! I can't really tell who my granddaughters look like. They resemble you as much as they resemble Jeong Hyeok. I'm perplexed." Se Ri's mother cuddles Weiss in her arms as she speaks. She's sitting before Se Ri and Jeong Hyeok in the living room of Se Ri's opulent apartment in Seoul. Beside her sits her husband and Se Ri's father, who's holding Edel. She continues. "They're as pretty as dolls. I still can't believe, Se Ri-ya, my daughter is a mother now and I—I'm a grandmother. Their Halmeoni." A tear escapes her left eye.

Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri are visiting South Korea, with their twins, to spend winter, as an annual tradition as Se Ri proposed. Se Ri's parents have arrived at her apartment to finally meet their daughter, son-in-law and above all, the newest members in their family- Edelweiss.

"Remember, when Se Ri was a few months old and during the choosing ceremony, she didn't choose any luxurious item, money or toy that were kept on the table but grabbed my thumb instead." Se Ri's father speaks, kissing Edel's forehead. A dimple immediately appears on her cheek as she giggles upon being kissed by her Harabeoji.

 A dimple immediately appears on her cheek as she giggles upon being kissed by her Harabeoji

"Yes, I remember." Se Ri's mother speaks gently rocking Weiss, who's sitting on her lap and is tugging at her necklace, amused by the lustre of it.

"Edel's not letting go of my thumb, just like our Se Ri." He says, looking at Se Ri. "I missed you, my daughter."

"I missed you too, Abeoji." Se Ri murmers, her eyes are misty, watching her parents cherish their granddaughters.

"Son, I can't thank you enough for taking care of Se Ri. I never saw her this happy before." He speaks, nodding at Jeong Hyeok.

"Thank you but it's Se Ri who I should be thankful to, instead." Jeong Hyeok replies, glancing sideways at Se Ri, passing her a smile.

" Jeong Hyeok replies, glancing sideways at Se Ri, passing her a smile

"Jeong Hyeok, you're a blessing to our Se Ri and us. You gave her everything we couldn't. No amount of gratitude can express how thankful we are to you, son." Se Ri's mother speaks, hugging Weiss closer to her chest.