Chapter 6

"Se Ri!"
"Se Ri!"
"Se Ri! Why aren't you saying anything?"
"Se Ri!"

Chi Su, Ju Meok, Kwang Beom and Eun Dong are calling her name as Se Ri stands still, spaced out. She doesn't remember for how many minutes she's been standing there, she doesn't remember when Delia left the spot. For all she's thinking about is the jewellery set that Delia is wearing, the receipt in Jeong Hyeok's pocket and the lipstick stains on his blazer.

'Lipstick stains.'
'Were those stains not from my lipstick?' 'Was it Delia's lipstick?' 'Red colour.'
'That Swarovski set was not for me?'
'Hyeoki bought it for—D—Delia?'
'But Hyeoki told me he's been ignoring her. Not responding to her advances.'
'But he bought her that set. Why would he?'
She is still in clutches of her subconscious thoughts bombarding the walls of her brain one after the other. She doesn't notice the North Korean squad standing before her, repeatedly calling her name, trying to wake her up from her reverie.

"Se Ri!" Ju Meok tries waving his hand before her eyes this time as he calls her name.
Se Ri blinks now, a lot many times before coming back to her senses. "Hmm." She looks at him. "What? When did you guys come here beside me?" She observes Company Five standing before her, all looking intently at her with concerning eyes.

"Se Ri! Why weren't you replying? I was so afraid to see you in that state." Eun Dong whimpers.

"This woman can even sleep while standing. I wonder what else she can do!" Chi Su mocks.

"I wasn't sleeping. I don't remember whe—" She looks around to see Delia who's now standing at the other end of the hall with a group of girls and boys her age. Se Ri continues. "I must be tired."

"Oh, Look! Captain Ri is on piano." Kwang Beom observes.

Everyone looks in Jeong Hyeok's direction. He's standing near the piano with a mic in his hand. Company Five goes further to take a better look at him while Se Ri stands there still, staring at Jeong Hyeok's face.

Jeong Hyeok takes the mic closer to his lips as he addresses the crowd. "Ladies and Gentlemen! Upon much insistence by
our honourable Dean Walden Schmid, I present to you this piece I recently composed."
Jeong Hyeok looks around and instantly locates Se Ri in the crowd. He continues as he looks in Se Ri's direction. "Yoon Se Ri, my wife! This is for you. I have named this composition 'Se Ri's Symphony'. I hope you like it. I hope you all like it."

As his fingers strike the keys of the piano, the hall fills with the sweet melody, bewitching everyone present

As his fingers strike the keys of the piano, the hall fills with the sweet melody, bewitching everyone present. They look at Jeong Hyeok in awe as he himself looks like a beautiful masterpiece playing a melodious masterpiece.