Chapter 7

"Kwang Beom, Eun Dong, Ju Meok, Man Bok let's go now, we're getting late." Chi Su commands the comrades who're fishing by the lake situated a few metres away from Jeong Hyeok and Se Ri's chalet. "Are you going to listen to me or not? Get up."

The comrades instantly get up and follow Chi Su who's leading them. Upon walking a few steps towards the house, they see Jeong Hyeok getting out of his car. He's returned from the university and looks worn out. Upon noticing Company Five he walks in their direction.

"Where are you going?" Jeong Hyeok enquires.

"We're going to visit a lady. She lives in the valley." Ju Meok replies with a smile. "She's old but weaves and knits pretty well."

"So? Why would you visit that old lady?" Jeong Hyeok asks.

"We're maintaining relations between the two countries. We run errands for her and in return she teaches us knitting and weaving." Chi Su says. "We're doing international trade this way, while we're here."

"What? Are you all ahjummas? International trade?" Jeong Hyeok scoffs

"What? Are you all ahjummas? International trade?" Jeong Hyeok scoffs. He looks at Man Bok and speaks. "Man Bok, I want to have a word with you. Rest of you can leave. Man Bok will join you later."

Company Five complies and leaves behind Man Bok with Jeong Hyeok.

"Where's Se Ri?" Jeong Hyeok asks Man Bok. "Is she alright. Did she eat today?"

"She's in the house. I'm not sure if I watched her eating lunch." Man Bok replies. "Is everything alright between you two, Captain Ri?"

"I don't know. Tell me, who did she meet at the dinner last night? Did you hear anything?"

"I didn't really notice that, there were many people last night. But I remember her talking to the Dean and his wife, a group of men and women, an Asian women may be Japanese and—yes— Dean's daughter. I don't remember that girl's name." Man Bok recalls.

"Dean's daughter? Delia. She talked to Delia you mean?" Jeong Hyeok narrows his eyes.

"Yes."

"Okay, Man Bok. Thank you. You can go now." Jeong Hyeok nods his head.

Man Bok nods back in response and walks in the direction where comrades' backs are seen jumping and flipping with enthusiasm.

Jeong Hyeok enters the house. It is quiet and calm. Martha has already left, having made an early dinner. He makes his way to the bedroom. The sound of someone taking a shower is heard from the bathroom. It's Se Ri. Without thinking the next thought, he takes off his blazer, then his shirt before completely undressing himself. He saunters towards the bathroom door and clicks it open.