The Letter

A/N
LiSnicket Is the reason I am making it the way I am. I was going to make a Snape x reader anyways so please enjoy.

~~~~~

I was sitting at home reading my book in my room when a owl suddenly flew right into my closed window. I jumped at the sudden noise. It hit the ground with a soft thud.

Realising it was hurt I ran downstairs and outside to nurse it. When I found it limping around I noticed the letter on the ground. I grabbed it wondering what it was while holding the owl in my other arm.

It read:

(L/N), (Y/N)

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Headmaster: Armando Dippet (Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear Ms.(L/N), We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.
Yours sincerely,
Armando Dippet Headmaster

A page fell out after I had finished reading it read:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry UNIFORM First-year students will require:
1.Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2.One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3.One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)
4.One winter cloak (black, with silver fastenings) Please note that all pupils clothes should carry name tags. COURSE BOOKS
All students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1) by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble
OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales
Students may also bring and owl OR a cat OR a toad.
PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

I squealed in excitement, I had forgot that the day before was my eleventh birthday. I was so I happy. I finally get to go to Hogwarts. I walked back inside cradling the owl in my arm. I set the letter in front of my sleeping mum/dad (you chose) and fed the owl. I woke my mum/dad as soon as it fell asleep.

They were overjoyed and I asked my mum/dad to use a healing spell. The owl was back to normal. As my mom/dad was nursing the owl I was quickly writing my response letter. I was excited. I never played with anyone my age or met any other kid.

I was confused as to why but I know that my mom/dad always left on a full moon warning me not to go outside. I wondered why but I listened to them. We went to Diagon Alley to go get my supplies and money out of Gringotts. Gringotts was quite terrifying because of the...bankers.

We also went out and got butterbeer. It had been a while since I had butterbeer since the last time we came here it was for a business trip.

We went back home and packed my stuff away. I wanted to go outside and run around in the forest but my mum/dad forbid me from ever going past the first tree.