Chapter 19: Noah or Jordan?

Author's Note: I am half asleep as I post this chapter, so please excuse any errors haha!

Enjoy & let me know what you think!

_______________________

When Rebecca and Jordan arrived outside the club, they spotted Claire and Noah immediately. The club's bouncer, a cop and a man Rebecca didn't recognize crowded around them. A bunch of other party goers had their eyes trained on the situation, expecting drama.

Rebecca lead the way, butting into the group's heated conversation.

"Officer, is everything ok?" She asked worriedly, her eyes dancing between the cop and Noah.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Who are you?" The officer looked slightly annoyed at being cut off from whatever he was telling Noah before Rebecca's arrival.

"I am Rebecca Hayes, their friend," she nodded towards Noah and Claire. "My boyfriend and I heard there were in trouble, so we came to help."

"This man-" the officer started, pointing in the direction of a guy who stood with his arms crossed on his chest, "says your friend tried to assault him."

"I did no such thing! He is the one who was up in our business anyway!" Noah exclaimed, swaying on his feet.

Rebecca held a hand up towards him, as if trying to calm him down. "Officer, I apologize on his behalf. As you can see, my friend has had too much to drink." Then she turned to look at the man who had complained. "Sir, I'm sorry for any problems caused. Is it possible that we let this matter go?"

"Please," Jordan added when all parties remained silent.

"What the hell. Fine," the man said, "I only got in this mess because I asked a woman, who was being yelled at by a man, if she was ok. I'll remember to leave strangers alone with their misery the next time." He waved his hands, as if defeated.

Rebecca cringed. Was Noah yelling at Claire? What in the world is wrong with him?

"No, we do appreciate your help," Jordan said. "We apologize that the events here today made you feel that you did something wrong."

As Jordan tried talking sweet with the man and the officer, Rebecca walked over to Noah who immediately leaned on her heavily.

Rebecca wrapped her hands around his waist as she stumbled a little under his weight.

"I'll deal with you later." Angry as well as concerned, she spoke softly to him, taking a few steps back to lean on a building wall behind her. "Let's get you home first."

"Hmm," he mumbled, as his eyes fell shut, as if no longer able to remain open.

Once Jordan had wrapped up his conversation, he walked over to Rebecca.

"Here," he offered, grabbing Noah's arm and placing it on his own shoulder to make him lean on him instead of Rebecca. "Can you call us a cab?" he asked, looking at Rebecca.

She nodded, bringing out her phone.

"Claire, you should go home as well. I'm sure it's been a long night." Rebecca said, placing her free hand on Claire's shoulder, offering a comforting smile.

"Are you sure?" Claire asked, looking at Noah. "Do you guys need my help?"

"We'll drop him at his apartment and make sure he's comfortable. But, if you have the time, maybe you can check up on him tomorrow morning?" Rebecca asked, as she tapped on her phone to order an Uber.

Claire nodded, wrapping her arms around herself. "Alright. Thank you, both. I don't know how I would have handled this by myself."

"You shouldn't have to. Noah shouldn't have put you in this position in the first place," Rebecca said, looking at Noah's half-asleep form disapprovingly.