-Ice Cream...as Friends!-

After a while, it was finally Saturday. Kai woke up at around 7:00 in the morning, which is very early for Kai.

He got up and stretched, while checking his clock. He was just too excited to sleep! He got ready in almost an instant. He was not going to be late.

By the time that Kai finished getting ready, it was almost 8:30. They both decided to meet up at 10:00, but he wanted to get an early start.

Kai walked outside. It was still a tad chilly, but it wasn't too bad. It was February the 8th, the month of Valentine's Day, and maybe then he would confess to Brinn, but he wasn't sure. He was still fixated on the fact that he was too weird, or too awkward, or just not good enough for her, but he wasn't gonna give up.

It took Kai around an hour and a half to get to their meeting point. He was taking it slow so he didn't strain his feet, and he wanted to enjoy the scenery as well.

By the time he got there, it was almost 10:00, but he saw Brinn there sitting at a nearby table.

"I see you're early." Kai walked up behind her then pulled up a chair to sit next to her.

"Yeah, so? It's not like it really means anything. I just wanted to be here early." Brinn looked away for a second then turned back. "You're here early too. I didn't think you would be here till 11:00."

"Well, uh, I just wanted to be here early you know! It'snotatALLbecauseIreallyreallylikeyou, I mean I'm glad your here!" Kai smiled while a small tint of pink washed over his face. A nervous laugh escapes him.

Brinn brushes it off not quite understanding what he said, "So... where are we going?" Brinn asked Kai.

"Oh, I was thinking we go get ice cream or something! So that we can talk and get to know each other a little more, hold hands, WHAT?! U-Uh but if that's not good enough I can try and find someplace else haha!"

"No no, ice cream is fine," Brinn smiled.

A blush washes over his face, "Well okay then! Let's go!"

Kai and Brinn started to make their way towards the ice cream shop. They didn't talk that much when they were on their way, and it took a little longer than expected because of Kai's feet. Kai and Brinn entered the shop and sat down at a table.

"So...uh... what ice cream do you want?" Kai asks her.

"Oh, you don't have to worry about it. I can get it." She said politely.

"No, No, I can get it! Besides, I can get to know you more if you tell me!"

"Okay, Okay! My favorite Ice cream flavor is cookie dough."

"Got it! Coming right up!" Kai gets up and goes over to the cashier so that he can get the ice cream.

"Wait, you don't have to pay for it! I have money!" Brinn said running up to Kai.

"Nah, I got it! Don't worry about it! Plus I'm supposed to do this!"

Brinn looked at him kinda funny, she didn't understand what he meant, "What do you mean you have to do this, I don't mind pay-"

"Because I really like you!"

Brinn turned to him, not sure if she heard him right,"What?"

"BECAUSE I LIKE STEW!" A blush covers his face, "I-I'm gonna get the ice cream haha!!" Kai turns to the cashier, clearly flustered, and tells him what he wants "Can I get a cookie dough ice cream and a chocolate banana one too!" Kai asked.

"Alright! Coming right up!" Another employee scooped the ice cream on to the cone and then handed it to both of them. Kai then paid for it.

They both took a seat at the table they were originally sitting at.