-Octo Vally- (Epilogue)

There was an eerie silence that crept throughout Octo Valley. There wasn't a sound of a footstep, or the evening patrol. Just silence.

Through the silence a girl walked hesitantly towards a huge house where a friend of hers lived. She walked down a path with a sharp pebbles etching away at the bottom of her shoes.

She swallowed deep breaths of air as she walked trying to keep her self calm for the news that she had to tell her friend. Her eyes were narrow and she had a stern look on her face as she walked closer to the building.

Every step she drew closer and closer to having to tell her friend what happened in the past few months. She could feel her heart race without even moving.

She walked up to the door, feeling her hand tingle as her fist scraped against the door making a loud knocking sound. She waited there for a few moments before the door cracked open slightly.

A teen boy open the door. Even though he was only 16 he looked to be almost in his 20s. His eyes were thin and narrow with bags hanging from his eyes. His skin was almost pale but not sickly. He was tall, but very muscular, and his face was sunken in from all the smokes.

"May I come in?" The girl asked him one hand placed on her right hip her posture slightly leaning.

The boy only nodded. He signaled with his hand to come in and together they both walked to his room. "So how did everything go?" His voice was deep and slightly raspy.

"Not how we planed..." she said slightly turning a way to escape his gaze.

"What do you mean not I was to be planned?"

The girl froze fix her gaze on the floor still looking to the side, " I broke up with him..."

"You what!? You were supposed to get him back here!"

"Yeah I know... But he was going to break up with me so I had to do it first!" Ruby crossed her arms still gazing at the floor.

"You could've just forced him to come back here!"

" yeah yeah I know... But I don't want my future husband to be hurt!"

"do you know we were going to sanitize him!"

"Yeah I know but then he could be my personal pet! And how exciting is that!" Ruby looked up now, fantasizing about the future that she would have with him.

"Listen Ruby! You had to do one thing and you couldn't even do that! Why would you let him go!" The boy slammed his hand on the table making a loud cracking sound.

"Yeah... I know I messed up! Now what do we do?"

The boy turned around now looking at the window on the opposite side of his room. He looked at it and watched The patrol march outside. The boy contemplated, he didn't know what the next move was so there he stood thinking about what to do next.

After I start escaped him turn back around facing Ruby, A sickly green mix with a dull purple eyes gazed into hers.

"Sometimes you can't trust others..."

"What do you mean?"

"You're now going to work for the Octarian army. You will not have to be sanitized but you will have to be on patrol every night from 10 o'clock to 3:00."

"What! I can't break a nail doing that! I thought I was your friend humph!" Ruby turned around her brows turning sharp. " I can't believe you I'm done here! I'll find a way to get my dear sweet Kaile to myself another way!" Ruby stormed out the door slamming it behind her leaving the boy all by himself.

The boy said they're thinking wandering across his room. He walked in a study circle thinking about new ideas and plans who he should bring in next to try and get him.

After a while of a start circling in his mind he sat down on his bed and laid across it looking up at the ceiling. He knew he had to think of some thing.

As he looked at the ceiling above him basically white color and idea popped into his head.

What if I don't need anyone else... Sometimes you have to do things by yourself...

A smile creeped onto his face and his eyes narrow. The boy turned over standing up next to his bed. He originally his pillow and took out a sharp pocket knife. He placed it into his pocket.

He then went into his closet pulling out a Squelcher and stuffing it into a bag. After he got all of his gear packed he made his way out the door.

"Look out Kaile... because I'm coming for you!"