Chapter 1

Hi guys! Hopefully this story will be longer than my first but I have a feeling it will. I have a lot of time on my hands so I'll probably update every 1-2 days! Anyhoo hope you enjoy!

I turned on the lights to see the big, cluttered, colourful room. I went in the back and took off my coat and turned on the kettle. "Another boring day" I mumbled to myself.

"Morning honey" Mom said cheerfully setting down her bag

"Morning" I yawned

I made coffee and handed her the cup. We sat there is silence while sipping our drinks

"I think today will be a good day. I have a feeling" Mom grinned breaking the silence

"You're so enthusiastic all the time. How do you have the energy everyday?" I asked

"Lisa, when you get older you realize that life goes by whether you are enjoying it or not. You might as well enjoy what time you have left" Mom explained

"Mom, you sound like you're going to die tomorrow the way you're talking."

"You never know"

"You wonder where I get my negative from" i rolled my eyes

A customer came in wondering his way to cash register. Mom put down her cup, fixed her hair and walked out to the front.

"May I help you?" Mom smiled

The man was in his late forties with grey hair. He must work in an office as he was wearing a suit.

"Uh... Yes, it's my daughters birthday in the next couple of days and she has been talking about this special art beginner set? Um... It's in a wooden bo-"

"Oh yes! We just got them in yesterday. Come over here and I'll show you" Mom walked over leading the man to one of he shelves

My mom started off rambling how it's important to have interest in art as it opens your mind to new things. I watch her as she nodded and smiled to him. She could always bring everyone to ease and like her immediately. She was such a people person. I wish I could bring out the best in people. I usually barely ever talk to the customer and if I do I get awkward and my mind goes blank. I usually stock up all the art products and clean.

I unlock my phone and look through all the photos I had of all my old friends. All the fun times in high school before they went to college and I was stuck here.

Mom opened up an art shop 10 years ago. It's sells art stuff but also paintings. People can have exhibitions here if they want as there isn't many facilities in town for people who want to pursue their art careers. She never made it as an artist so decided to open up a shop. I help in the shop every way I can. Last year I finished high school I wanted to go on to university to study science. My mom can't afford it and she wouldn't be able to handle the shop on her own. I stayed here helping her out.

I snap out of my daydream when I hear the bell over the door make noise. My mom came in picking up her cup and drinking the rest of her coffee.

"Honey, are you okay? You've been daydreaming a lot lately" Mom rubbed my arm

"Yeah I'm fine" I smiled reassuring her.

"So what do you want for your birthday?" Mom said pushing her red hair away from her eyes

"Mom you don't have to get my anything, I'm only turning 19. It's not much of a big deal" I explained washing my cup

"Every birthday is a big deal! I will get you something."

"It's 3 weeks away, just forget it. Okay?" I said picking up a box of paint brushes

"Fine, fine. But I am getting your something" Mom smiled

****

I opened the door to our apartment feeling the heat hit my face from the cold air outside. I walked to my room and closed the door, collapsing on to my bed. I looked up to my side clock. 7pm. I picked up my phone.
No messages.

*flashback*

"I promise I stay in contact with you! Ill come down every weekend and we'll text all the time"

I looked at Poppy.

"Poppy, you're going to forget about me. I know you will. You'll be too busy, in a big city meeting new people" I said looking down at my scruffy converses

"Lisa, I promise I won't we've been friends since we were 4. I'm not going to drop our friendship like that. I mean it" Poppy smiled

*End Flashback*

That's was a year ago. We have been off and on but I can feel we are slipping away. I haven't talk to her in 3 weeks.

I got up and looked in the mirror and stared at myself to see any dramatic changes. My hair is brown, messy and thick. Today it is in a bun on top of my head. My side fringe is not really a fringe any more as it's gone so long. My eyes are bright green, which usually have smudged eyeliner under them. I look down to see my faded green day hoodie and my black skinny jeans. I stare at my pale white skin. I hate the way I look. I always look exhausted.

I plug my iPod on my speakers and put on my favourite album of all time "Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge" by My Chemical Romance. My favourite song starts blaring out the speakers and I start screaming to "It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a Deathwish". Not singing but screaming. Usually screaming to it brings me into a good mood. As Gerard sings "....You get a lifetime" I start jumping on my bed doing guitar riffs and drumming parts all at the same time. By the end of the song I'm dying on my bed trying to catch my breath. I turn around to see my mom looking in with a smirk on her face.

"No wonder you're exhausted all the time if you're doing a show every night" Mom giggled closing the door.

"Mom!!" I whine throwing a pillow at the door with embarrassment.

The smell of Chinese leads me to the kitchen. The kitchen table is packed with takeaway boxes and containers.

"At least I found out the food is the only thing that will get you out of your room" Mom laughed setting the table. 

We sat down and dug into the food stuffing our faces as we haven't had much to eat all day. We surviving on custard creams in the art shop. 

"I know you told me to forget it but I'm going to tell you anyway" Mom said leaning in her bag that was hanging on the back of her chair

"Mom seriously, I really don't ne-" I stopped as I tore open the envelope and saw two concert tickets staring back at me

"Oh my God" I whispered

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I really want to continue but the chapter might get too long so you may wait until tomorrow! I hope you're liking the beginning! Please leave any comments whether if you like it or have constructive criticism:)

Grace