Vingt Six

Ferris had readily agreed to inviting Kay to go with himself and London. He stayed at his apartment to finish gathering food and the blanket while London had left to invite Kay in person. He hadn't answered his texts, which honestly? It was perfectly in character, so Ferris wasn't worried. Kay rarely seemed to have his phone even on his person, let alone in his hand. It certainly made him difficult to get hold of.

And maybe that was the whole point.

It had to be half an hour later when Ferris began to grow worried. London's phone was still sitting on the couch so Ferris couldn't call. Eventually, leaving the cooler bag on the floor by his front door, he left his apartment to go and look for London.

He'd probably just gotten sidetracked. That made the most sense out of everything. Except it felt odd. London didn't just disappear. That wasn't him.

Ferris' stomach dropped when he pushed open the door to Kay's apartment. Before, even. Something was wrong. Then he laid eyes on the shattered glass coffee table. And blood on the carpet. And unfinished takeout on the floor. It didn't paint a nice picture.

Then Fido began to bark from the bedroom. Ferris dutifully let him out and glanced around the apartment again. He couldn't figure out what to do. Kay seemed to have something against police. It had never been spoken about explicitly, but Ferris was certainly able to relate to that. Maybe all of this was perfectly innocent – Kay wasn't clumsy, but sometimes he could be slightly reckless... And then there was the almost empty wine bottle which was lying on it's side. Ferris couldn't begin to make sense of the scene in front of him.

He didn't remember calling the police, but he must have. Or someone had, because Ferris was on the couch with Fido when an officer opened the door.

For hours, he answered every question they had. When did you meet Kay? A couple of years ago. Were you aware that London has a history of drug abuse? Yes, I'm aware. What's your relationship with them? London is my boyfriend. Kay is romantically involved with London and we're friends. Your boyfriend is cheating on you. That would give you motive, no? No. What makes you think that they haven't left together? London wouldn't do that, and Kay wouldn't leave the dog.

They went on and on. Ferris was growing tired of repeating himself, and sitting in such close proximity to Fido was making him sneeze and his eyes water severely. At least he had an excuse to be in tears.

Ferris wasn't sure how long he spoke with the police before going back to his apartment with the dog. He'd insisted on taking it. Right now, it was the best he could do to help. Kay wouldn't have left Fido and Ferris could help by looking after him for now. It was almost some comfort to have him there, especially after being told that the disappearance would be 'looked into' but wasn't yet a 'high priority case'.

That had been difficult to hear.