Vingt Sept

London didn't know how long he'd been watching Kay struggle from across the bathroom. Surely, he had to have gotten everything out of his system by now. It wasn't as if London could help him – his wrists were cuffed above his head to a water main pipe. He had no choice but to sit with his back to the wall and watch Kay throw up across the room.

All London wanted to do was to be beside him, maybe even help ease some of Kay's tremors and agitation. He'd tried to comfort him, call across and tell him that he was doing well – that it was good to get it out of his system. London wasn't even convinced that Kay had heard him. Or, if he had, he almost certainly wasn't listening.

"Lond —" Kay cut himself off with another bout of violent coughing. "'m sorry – sorry..." he mumbled, finally looking up from where he was resting against the open toilet seat.

"You're sorry?" London asked, snapping all of his attention to Kay. "You have nothing to be sorry for."

"Mhm..." was Kay's only mumbled protest.

London felt his heart twist in his chest as he watched Kay throw up again. It had to have been hours. Where was Halden? Kay had pushed through the worst part, but that didn't make this okay. London hadn't been told what Kay had taken, but he was still worried. This couldn't continue much longer.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Like shit, everything hurts," Kay responded, slightly more coherent now. "I am sorry – you – I don't think you were meant to be part of this," he shook his head and grimaced at the discomfort.

"Get a drink, it'll help," London said, deciding to ignore Kay's apology. He hadn't been oblivious to the fact that Halden had left Kay unrestrained. It stung – Halden obviously thought that Kay would do anything he wanted, restraints or not. And London couldn't help but agree with that.

Kay shook his head again, closing his eyes and leaning against the wall, looking vaguely in London's direction. "'m okay, not the first time. This is as bad as it gets," he shrugged, as if none of this bothered him. "Could be worse."

"What do you mean?"

Kay swallowed hard and gritted his teeth as he prepared an answer. "Could be worse," he repeated. "I've done this before, plenty of times."

"Done what? Kay? Talk to me, please?"

"Detoxed."

"From what? What did he give you?"

"How should I know?" was Kay's fast response, "Some sedative, probably. Always is."

London knew he should try and find out more, but he couldn't bring himself to pry any more than he already had. 'Always is.' Always? How many times had Kay been in this situation? He would have been alone, too. It wasn't something that London could cope with thinking about for more than a few seconds.

Silence stretched between them for a long time, but London was fine with that. It meant that Kay wasn't throwing up any more. It was a small win, but something London was deciding to hold onto.

The turning of a lock on the outside of the bathroom door caught London's attention. He jolted his attention away from Kay, who had curled up on himself on the other side of the room. Kay didn't even acknowledge the door opening and Halden stepping inside.

"What do you think you're doing?" London asked, sitting up straighter as Halden turned and relocked the door behind himself. The hammer was still hanging from his grip as a silent threat. London didn't need reminding.