Run Away~

Hey everybody. Hope you all are having a fantastic day, and I hope you all are loving the story so far. It's really going to have a lot of plot twists and turns, and I'm gonna do my best to give you enjoyable chapters, but also ones that keep you on the edge of your seat. New character shown in picture. His name's Zachary. Anyways, please comment and vote! I love reading what y'all have to say :)

_________________________________

I stared at my contraption, which would be used to help me escape. It probably was going to fail, and I was going to break every bone in my body, but at least I'd have a funny story to tell.

In front of me, and wrapped all around the room, was a long rope made from the curtains, bedsheets, and every single t-shirt in that large closet. It definitely looked long enough to get me down to the ground, so it was worth a shot.

It was currently two in the morning, and not a wolf could be heard. This was the perfect time to escape. I tied my makeshift rope around a leg on my bed, making sure to quadruple knot it. If I was going through with this dumb plan, I wanted to give it the best chance of success possible.

I walked over to the window, which was still locked. I looked at the lock, wondering if it was just for show or if it was a legitimate lock. I grabbed it, and yanked it. I was pleasantly surprised when it came off with ease.

"Idiots." I mumbled with a grin, before I quietly opened the window. I grabbed my makeshift rope and tossed it out the window, cringing when it knocked against the side of the mansion. I prayed that it didn't wake anybody, as I began to climb down it.

I made sure to keep an eye out for anyone who could be watching, throughout my journey to the ground. My journey to the ground was a lot shorter than I thought it'd be, and luckily my little contraption didn't break.

I looked around briefly, deciding on which way would be the best. I decided to stay along side the driveway, which would definitely lead me to some form of civilization. I didn't stick directly next to the driveway because that would be idiotic, someone would definitely see me. But I stayed within a hundred feet of it.

I ran quickly, sneaking my way through the pack lands with no complications. I thought about how easy it would be to attack at night, considering there were no guards in sight. And while it was good for me, it was also very concerning. If there's one thing that I knew, just because a pack is the strongest around, doesn't mean it's immune to attacks. Especially from crazy rogues who had nothing to lose.

Unfortunately, I didn't plan on telling Kailen about his lack of security at night. I wasn't planning on coming back—At least not anytime soon. I knew that he would find me eventually if he was really that determined, but the farther I got now, the harder it'd be to find me. And that was what I wanted, I needed plenty of space from him and his stupid ass pack.

I continued to run until I saw the main road, and then I allowed myself to walk. It surprised me that I wasn't even out of breath, considering I had just ran probably two or three miles. Queen or cardio over here.

I began to think that I made it out of the pack with no one catching me, until I heard the mate link open.

Where are you? Kailen asked. I knew he couldn't see me, but I rolled my eyes still.

Gone. And I'm not coming back. I answered, sticking my hand out when I saw a car coming.

Estrella, we can figure this out just come back.

I smiled gratefully when the car came to a stop and the window rolled down.

It's too late for that. Goodbye stupid bitch. I said, before shutting off the mate link.