A for Effort~

Sorry it's been so long! I've been struggling with my mental health, but I'm feeling a lot better now. Thank you to everyone who talked to me and stuff, you all are awesome. I can't express how grateful I am for all of you. Anyways don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT!

__________________________________

Exhausted is one word I would use to describe myself—Downright beat.

I had went on two runs today, one with Savannah, and the other by myself earlier. Now two runs normally isn't that much, but considering we went on a perimeter run of the pack lands, it was a long run. And the second run I just went exploring. Still, I had no energy at all.

I collapsed on the ground right next to Savannah, who sat down with me.

"Tired?" She questioned, handing me a water. I gladly took it, and nodded, before chugging it down. She let out a laugh, and stared at me.

"I guess you could say that," I replied. I put the cap back on the water, and laid down on the dirt. I would definitely need to shower, but all I could think about was laying down and sleeping.

I allowed my eyes to close momentarily, taking in a few deep breaths. I was fully intent on relaxing, however Savannah wasn't.

"You said you were a star, right?" She asked, and I peaked open my eyes. I peered up at her, noticing a down look to her face.

"Yeah," I said, "Why, what's up?"

I pulled my lazy ass up into a sitting position, and prepared myself to listen. I watched Savannah stare at the ground for a second, as if she was in deep thought, before she spoke.

"Did you...Did you ever see my mom? Her name was Mary."

Was.

Ahh. So that's where this was going. I knew I had to try my best to be supportive, but I had no clue how to handle these kinds of situations. I wasn't good at comforting people when they were sad.

But as Savannah stared at me with tears in her eyes, I knew I had to try.

"No," I whispered, "But I didn't see a lot of people. I never cared enough and that's why I was thrown out."

Savannah's eyes grew sadder, as she looked down. I wrapped my arm around her shoulder, giving her a soft smile.

"Savannah," I spoke, "Just because I didn't see her, doesn't mean she's not there. And I promise you if she is there, she's watching over you every second."

She brushed her hair behind her ear, angrily wiping at tears that fell. She kept her head down for just a second longer, before she looked up at me with a smile.

"I'm sure you're right."

She looked as if she wanted to say something else, when her eyes trailed behind me. I turned around to see what she was looking at, only to see Kailen standing directly over me.

"Alpha Mitchell," She greeted. She stood up, along with me, and Kailen sent me a tight smile.

"Savannah," Kailen replied before looking at me, "Are you ready to go?" He asked, and I nodded. I looked back at Savannah who kept her eyes low to the ground in respect.

"See you later," I said. I watched as she looked at me and bowed her head in respect, which to me felt odd. I knew I was her Luna, but for these past couple hours her and I had been acting like besties, and now she was acting as if she was below me. Strange.

I brushed my thoughts aside and started to walk next to Kailen, who smiled down at me.

"So, what'd you do all day?" He questioned, and I answered.